IGNORED

Incunabula TBT

thehauntingsoul

Kalpol Intro is the opening track to the melancholy and bitterly depressing world of Incunabula. We are introduced to the world as it is after many years of decline.

Kalpol intro begins as everything appears to be over. The world is in a state of absolute destitude. It appears as though all hope is lost, however it is also clear that this is not an ending, but a new beginning. A defeated being rises from the dust. It spends some time re-adjusting to the damage, which is considerable. This track looks foreward, and serves as a precursor to the ideas in Bike, which summarily are about being hopeful when all is lost. Although it seems to us as though this is the beginning of the story, this is in a world that has moved on, and there are countless untold tales before this one, but the world is in decline and things will never be the same as before.

Bike opens as the aforementioned being begins to comprehend the extent of its losses. The tune in this track seems to be about deriving bliss from misery. The melody expands on the previous track's ideas of remaining happy and hopeful in extremely bad situations. It would almost appear as though this being is mourning the loss of a lover. Several times in the track, the beat falls away and the listener is set adrift in a cloud of pure bliss. As the user continues through this transition, they begin to hear the same groove as before, however it is shown in a positive perspective. This conveys the though process behind the whole concept of having two completely different feelings about a situation at two different points in time.

The journey begins with Autriche. The pacing has been picked up and it is clear as though there is some ultimate objective here. The mood in this track is similarly melancholy as to the previous tracks on the album, but there is a peculiar sense of cheer that prevails in this track. Autriche seems to be capable of being incredibly bleak and cheery simultaneously. The being lays down to sleep knowing that there are many more days ahead.

Bronchus 2 begins with wailing electronic noises and wind in the background. The being is dreaming, some sort of nightmare or otherwise stark and unescapable trance. Figuratively, I can't quite figure out how this fits with the rest of the album except to serve as a pace break and intermission.

more later

i too would like to say that incunabula is a very positive album.

i remember well the first time i listened to this record before i set to sleep. kalpol introl therefore will always remind me of warm summer nights where you could sleep with your window wide open and hear the crickets outside. the whole album has that lovely feeling of traveling to unknown places and yet i feel good and confident, peacefully paying attention to details - trying to be as invisible as i can. not trying to disturb the moments. also something between early morning urban and afternoon at countryside. lovely. just lovely.

Guest Ultravisitor
Bike is a reference to Bicycle Day.

Also I can't stand Bronchus 2, but bronchusevenwhatever is one of my favourite songs.

i can stand bronchus 2.....but yeah bronchusevenmx24 is one of my favourite songs.

garbage ep is just incredible, if i ever need help going to sleep, garbage ep is there to sooth me off.

my first experience of it was on a comedown at about 5-6 in the morning and as vletrmx faded out, so did i. perfect.

sorry, i'm going off topic here.

incunabula is genius, that cheeky little melody halfway through eggshell, the bass at the beginning of kalpol introl, the psychedelic bit part way through bike, the epic windwind and the hell of an ending 444.

this album kicks ass!

kalpol intro: the shortest track (ever created? maybe)

bike: the second song, pretty good synths with beats (probably a 606 and/or 808)

autriche: the most autobiographical ae track (see the name)

bronchus 2: a remix of their 1999 anthem "bronchusseven" released on "antilted;" not their best track but one of their best tracks.

basscadet: this track lifts me into oblivion; for when the abyss stares back at me i am the only one staring back at me. this song perfectly reflects my soul as through a convex mirror, made not of glass but of the substance of my soul.

track 6: this one has one of the most complex ae beats in idm history. i have single-handedly played this for n00bs and their literally are deceased.

track 7: i read that sean booth composed this song with algorithms he learned in math school, i believe b/c this is some wicked geometric shit. the synths are spirals, the beats are polymorphisms, the form is the substance, the essence the latter. this is a perfect track mixing spirit and body with mind and soul. wicked.

maetl: afx beats.

windwind: paradoxically named, i think they were trying to say how like the wind is the wind to itself too, like, for us the wind is what blows stuff around, is a breeze, creates waves and tornadoes and other sick shit, cool breezes on a hot summer day which is perfect; and for the wind, well the wind doesn't have anything like that -- but it does: itself!! and the track is like a track for itself, just like how the wind is its own wind.

lowride: a remix of that song in "dazed and confused." real 70s feel, kinda boc-ish with the piano samples and sample of "i don't have any idea what's going on" from boc's "aquarius." this is like sheets of ice, but somehow like home on a perfect sunday. cold but somehow soothing. a happy death.

444: aleister crowley

Archived