IGNORED

Depeche Mode Remix contest at Beatport....

hayhook

Guest Wall Bird
Why not charge for the parts, but give away the vocal track and a midi file? Fucking money hungry turds.

Do it. You know you want to.

sample the previews, you don't need to buy them to submit a remix. do you?

i guess not but those preview clips sound lower than 60kbps

probably have to read the fine print of the contest, i wouldn't be surprised if you had to buy them to enter

Guest hahathhat

pirate the shit they're selling on beatport

im sure it'll show up

or have a pool, find four people that each want them and all chip in a dollar

seriously though, i hate beatport.

Guest spraaaa

i don't really like depeche mode enough to use long enough samples that the compression is obvious. so if i can't enter in 2 weeks i will probably at least have a track that nobody can tell is a remix. :stuart:

why is that called stuart anyway?

Guest hahathhat
i don't really like depeche mode enough to use long enough samples that the compression is obvious. so if i can't enter in 2 weeks i will probably at least have a track that nobody can tell is a remix. :stuart:

why is that called stuart anyway?

i was just wondering that myself!!

• 2 weeks later...

Remix Depeche Mode's new song, "Peace" from their Sounds of the Universe album, and win some great prizes:

http://www.beatportal.com/feed/item/depech...e-remix-contest

Prizes include:

Apart from having your winning remix released on Beatport through Mute Records, the grand prize winner will also receive:

A Native Instruments Maschine - groove production studio

A Jazzmutant Lemur multitouch controller

A Pacemaker portable DJ system

V-Moda headphones

$250 Beatport gift card

Yeah, the original thread died when it was confirmed that you have to pay to do the remix.

No, no you do not:

The rules

1. Download the remix parts to ‘Peace’ for $3.99 USD. NOTE: You do not need to download the WAV files to enter the remix contest.

2. Remix the track into your chosen style. All genres are welcome.

3. Submit your remix to Beatportal’s remix page. MP3 files sizes are limited and may be no larger than 10 MB.

4. The download phase begins April 28th 2009.

5. The submission phase begins on May 12th, 2009 at 12.01AM MST and ends May 26th, 2009 at 11.59PM MST.

6. The voting phase starts on May 26th, 2009 at 12.01am MST and ends on June 9th, 2009 at 11.59pm MST.

7. Ten remixes will be submitted as voted for by the Beatportal community and ten remixes will be submitted by Beatport staff. The final winner will be chosen by Depeche Mode and Mute Records.

8. Remixes using ‘uncleared’ samples will be disqualified. An ‘uncleared sample’ is a musical work, loop or sample that you do not own the copyright for (ie: you didn’t create it). You are free to use sounds that were created by you.

9. All remixes submitted for this contest become the legal property of Mute Records. Your remix contest submission becomes the legal property of the record label hosting the competition as protection against the release of unauthorized remixes.

10. All trademarks and logos are protected. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work are reserved. Unauthorized copying, hiring, renting, public performance and broadcasting of this record, remix or remix parts is prohibited. You may however upload your remix to MySpace and other online sites but it must be clearly named as a ‘Depeche Mode remix contest entry’.

I'll merge this with the other thread (which I didn't see, and did a search of "Depeche Mode" on the EKT Forum index)

Anyone ever download the stems? All I want is the vocal track. I can do a fine remix with just that.

Yeah, the original thread died when it was confirmed that you have to pay to do the remix.

No, no you do not:

The rules

1. Download the remix parts to ‘Peace’ for $3.99 USD. NOTE: You do not need to download the WAV files to enter the remix contest.

well to enter it properly and proudly as a musician it would be kind of a waste of time to use a 112 kbps mp3 source file as the source material for a remix. Kind of a shame they force you to pay for the waves, i would have entered if this was not the case. Ever try pitch shifting down or stretching a 128kbps mp3 file? It sounds extremely bad

Guest spraaaa

I sampled the previews and I'm proud cuz I didn't pay. but I only pitched them up so maybe you have a point. lol absolutely everybody in this thread is too cheap. :grin:

Maybe we're too cheap or maybe it's a shit track to begin with and they should really be paying anyone that has the good grace to remix it instead of charging them for trying to rectify the mistakes made in the original master.

And it's particularly hard to say since I'm an avid Depeche Mode fan.

Guest spraaaa

regardless of the shitness (and I agree) it is pretty shameless of them... there's no way that beatport, mute records, native instruments, and depeche mode put together can't afford to give out these prizes.

Archived