IGNORED

Wolverine 2, Deadpool, Magneto & X-Men prequels?

Rubin Farr

Guest AOOproductions
another dubbed X-Men: First Class, which is being written by The O.C. creator Josh Schwartz.

WTF hollywood. Are you seriously letting this guy write a X-men movie! to me this sounds like a chance for Kevin Smith to finally step up and do something comic book related. It's no secret it's a passion of his, hes tried to do it before, and with the craze for comic book movies I bet he could get a green light for something. Hey, im not a big Smith fan by any means. But lets get people behind these movies who are actually passionate about comic books and the culture.

can someone PLEASE FUCKING EXPLAIN why so many goddamn people are obsessing over Deadpool?

like i remember being really into marvel comics as a kid and even then Deadpool was still a relatively obscure not mainstream character, yeah kids thought he was cool but he was WAY low on the laddar of cool characters. I mean ask any 13 year old in 1993 what their favorite character was and maybe 1 out of 500 would say deadpool. carnage would kick his ass in a contest of best marvel character 100:1

so in the end i guess im asking is why are sooooo many media outlets parroting the false premise that Deadpool is an insanely popular marvel asset that just is SCREAMIN to be made into a big budget movie, its like did they just copy word for word the FOX movies press release for Wolverine?

yeah they 'ruined' his origin in the movie Wolverine but did anybody give a shit about him in the first place? no

and bigtime lol @ the fact that Wolverine the movie takes place in the 1970s!!! if i hadn't read that in the reviews nothing in the movie would have indicated this to me, not the sets vehicles clothing nothing

Guest Gary C

Knew that a Magneto film was being made, not interested. A Deadpool film will suck as much as Daredevil, I can just see it. Also, how the fuck are they gonna write this film anyway? He's created and dies in Wolverine...

An X-men prequel doesn't make much sense either. Just give us the good shit and get Gambit involved with them fighting some fucking Sentinels. Uh.

Just give us the good shit and get Gambit involved with them fighting some fucking Sentinels.

yeah there has always been a lot of x-men quintessential stuff missing from the movies , the sentinels being a huge one. The only really crazy science fiction aspect kept for the movie is Cerebro and the x-plane which are both imo kind of gay in comparison to sentinels and insane holographic jungles in the Danger room.

why did they make nightcrawler such a pussy in x2 and not use him again?

why is rogue the most boring super hero ever put to film? oh its because they strip her down to an origin that's basically her minus all her exciting super powers. Beast is about the only character they did correctly in the entire franchise and he's barely utilized while being in the worst equal plus he's played by Fraiser which makes the premise really hard to swallow.

Guest assegai

The X-men flicks were mediocre at best, they should have gotten

524494-sawyer_gambit_super.jpg

and used him in the xmen movies, and added sentinels, like Gary said.

Hopefully this comic book phase Hollywood's busting its nuts over will die out soon

Halle Berry mentioned yesterday that she wants to make an X-Men spinoff that focuses on Storm... Can I get a lol?

only if it's the storm from the 80s x-men where she looks like some sort of crazy blaxploitation UK punk

Halle Berry mentioned yesterday that she wants to make an X-Men spinoff that focuses on Storm... Can I get a lol?

only if it's the storm from the 80s x-men where she looks like some sort of crazy blaxploitation UK punk

And only if it's as good as Catwoman

yeah the 90s x-men cartoon is pretty awesome, they throw so many goddamn marvel universe and comic book mutat cameos into it. whoever wrote the episodes knew exactly where to hit the nerd orgasm button

i miss 80s rogue also

rogue.jpg

Guest zaphod

just give me a gambit movie. i dont care about wolverine, he's a weakass character to begin with.

i would totally go for a Cable movie, tie it into the whole Cyclops/Jean Grey in the future and have him face off against Apocalypse. separate movie, but enough tie ins to relate in to the X brand.

Guest Betty

This shit is fucking bizarre. At this point if they announced an Alpha Flight movie I wouldn't even bat an eyelid.

I would have been happy if they'd left her African. I always thought they should have gotten Iman to play Storm. She doesn't really have enough of a backstory to have a film of her own though.

I always thought Generation X would make a decent series of movies. The run of that series where Scott Lobdell wrote it and Chris Bachalo drew it was awesome. The tv movie version of it was decent but really constrained by the budget and special effects of the time.

How awesome would an HBO mini-series of Sandman be? If done well, incredibly awesome.

carnage would kick his ass in a contest of best marvel character 100:1

muthafuckin right!

and bigtime lol @ the fact that Wolverine the movie takes place in the 1970s!!! if i hadn't read that in the reviews nothing in the movie would have indicated this to me, not the sets vehicles clothing nothing

lol...

How awesome would an HBO mini-series of Sandman be? If done well, incredibly awesome.

I agree. I would have to be on HBO or showtime though. We've all seen what network TV has done to what should have been EPIC mini-series's (see: Stephen King's "anything").

Archived