IGNORED

Church Converted To 3 Bedroom Home In SF For Sale

Joyrex

Formerly the Golden Gate Lutheran Church, this stunning Gothic Revival style building is now one of the most extraordinary and largest single family homes in San Francisco. This one-of-a-kind property features an enormous living area that includes the original sanctuary with soaring, coffered and hand-painted ceilings, arched windows framing Dolores Park as well as most of the original stained glass windows, custom mahogany wood finishes, four fireplaces (2 wood-burning & 2 gas), a new chef's kitchen and a spacious dining room. The Master suite level features a marble Roman tub room, dressing room and incredible 360 degree views from the tower meditation room and deck. The home includes an expansive ground floor level that could be used as exhibition space, recording studio, gym and/or home office. There is also a garage that accommodates 4-6 cars.

http://www.castleonthepark.com/

Guest Mr Salads

My ex is at the academy of art, and they basically own half of San Francisco. They buy up property to use either for housing or classrooms. There is a church on Van Ness they bought out and now use for night classes!

Theres something deliciously evil about buying churches and converting them for a different purpose.

My ex is at the academy of art, and they basically own half of San Francisco. They buy up property to use either for housing or classrooms. There is a church on Van Ness they bought out and now use for night classes!

Theres something deliciously evil about buying churches and converting them for a different purpose.

I can't see why - they're just buildings. I'm sure God could care less where people communicate with him. In fact, in the Bible, Jesus recommends that you pray alone, in a secret place. I forget where it says that though.

Guest Mr Salads

I can't see why - they're just buildings. I'm sure God could care less where people communicate with him. In fact, in the Bible, Jesus recommends that you pray alone, in a secret place. I forget where it says that though.

I think its from the sermon on the mount. But yeah youre right.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch
My ex is at the academy of art, and they basically own half of San Francisco.

THIS IS TRUE. YOU GO ANYWHERE AND YOU'RE GUARANTEED TO SEE ONE OF THEIR BUILDINGS.

THERE WAS A GRAND DESIGN (ON THE SHOW OF THE SAME NAME) THAT CONVERTED A CHURCH INTO A HOUSE AND THE GUY PUT A POOL IN THE CENTER. WHAT A MESS.

looking at this site it appears to be a church still??

Guest Deep Fried Everything

i'd buy it

what's the neighborhood like?

although, i wonder if you'd have to deal with all sorts of disgruntled worshipers all the time

Yeah, my sister goes there.

Guest catsonearth
only a 3 bedroom? wtf?

that's a lot for SF.

i've always wanted to take an old abandoned church and turn it into an epic mansion, but this is a little ridiculous. mine would look way more like a castle.

Guest Mr Salads

Yeah, my sister goes there.

Some weird kids go there. Does she like it? Whats she studying?

deliciously evil

don't mean to hate, but that is just about the gayest thing i've ever read on watmm. imagining someone saying that out loud makes me want to

barf.jpg

It wont be so gay when im raping and killing your family

Most of Boston is like that. Last summer I took a loudspeaker building class in an old church.

I would totally buy this place just to have shows at. Of course you can always find an old, shitty abandoned one for free, though.

the first gig i ever played was in a disused church in ellsmere port, and at the end of it a crew of 30 scallies descended upon us to have a friday night 'mosher bashing' session. ahh the memories.

Guest theSun
Ani DiFranco bought a church in Buffalo NY and renovated it as a venue. It is really nice, but only loads of shit bands ever play there.

yeah that place is nice, only been there once though.

Guest pantsonmyhead

sweet, giant window framind delores park

you can watch rich kids rail coke and oxy all day and talk shit about each others clothes

Guest catsonearth
sweet, giant window framind delores park

you can watch rich kids rail coke and oxy all day and talk shit about each others clothes

i like to call it the "hipster ho stroll"

Archived