IGNORED

Worst accents

Guest ward

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the western new york (the state) accent can be rough at times, but it's usually when people add elements of that awful boston accent. car = cah and it's the nasaliest shit you've ever heard.

i had a c++ professor who said logic like lAHHHjik and i couldn't help but laugh every time.

this is truth. while he isn't originally from the area, Billy Fucillo has done a great job of hijacking and exemplifying the typical Western New York accent.

just wait for it..

and

It's YuuuuggaH! really Yoooogge!

south african is the worst definately... tightens my nuts.

(ward... a fifer is from fife, scotland... if you were asking seriously)

aberdonians accents are pretty mad. fit like?

i like the orkadian (scottish western isles accents are all nice) and invernesian accent.

love the geordie accent cos my grandad was from south shields (not technically geordie but same accent)

love the dublin and galway accents.

brummies sound thick as shit.

Guest ward
south african is the worst definately... tightens my nuts.

(ward... a fifer is from fife, scotland... if you were asking seriously)

aberdonians accents are pretty mad. fit like?

i like the orkadian (scottish western isles accents are all nice) and invernesian accent.

love the geordie accent cos my grandad was from south shields (not technically geordie but same accent)

love the dublin and galway accents.

brummies sound thick as shit.

yeah i was being serious, thought it might have been an american accent he was referring to

really loud nasal western US ones

Oh god yes, especially from around oregon and washington. Cause it's got aspects of califorrrrrrnian and ugly canadian.

That in mind, nothing beats glaswegian. that shit's barely english!

Also I HATE Quebecois speaking french, but I better not say that much around here.... :wink2:

Guest ZeroHour

nah Mackems are people from Sunderland

north shields & south shields along with alot of other towns are geordies

Glaswegian isn't English....if it is, the western Scots should try putting in words from the English language every once in a while.

south shields along with alot of other towns are geordies

There are an awful lot* of mackems in South Shields.

*correct collective noun for mackems

Guest Rambo

a stupidly strong scouse accent sounds pathetic, but those aren't really proper scouse accents, they just take the most notable features of the accent and exaggerate it until it's almost not words anymore. The average scouse accent sounds fine though.

I think that goes for all accents in England actually; in Newcastle there's probably people trying to out-geordie each other to the point where it's indecipherable.

Guest tv_party
really loud nasal western US ones

Oh god yes, especially from around oregon and washington. Cause it's got aspects of califorrrrrrnian and ugly canadian.

That in mind, nothing beats glaswegian. that shit's barely english!

Also I HATE Quebecois speaking french, but I better not say that much around here.... :wink2:

haha I don't know what part of scotland my friends dad was from, but I just nodded and smiled for about a year before I could make out what he was saying.

Guest ward
a stupidly strong scouse accent sounds pathetic, but those aren't really proper scouse accents, they just take the most notable features of the accent and exaggerate it until it's almost not words anymore. The average scouse accent sounds fine though.

I think that goes for all accents in England actually; in Newcastle there's probably people trying to out-geordie each other to the point where it's indecipherable.

my mum and uncle always go on about their durham slang, never understand a fucking word of it...

Guest Al Hounos

I'm surprised to see this kind of consensus.

Australian and New Zealander

Minnesota/Wisconsin/Michigan

Boston

New York

what about best accents? I vote for genteel Southeastern US, and posh British. Also Irish people can sound nice.

Im a big fan of nice voices. Some people are born with wonderful voices and it doesn't seem to favor any geographical area.

My least favorite voices are people that do car commercials and sports announcers.

Archived