IGNORED

zazen

i'm lukewarm to terminator. terminator 2 is a very good film. although not superior to aliens, no.

hahah .. terminator is clearly better than 2 .. 2 just had the budget (and a very crap guns and roses track which ruined the flim for me even before it was released) ... then again i'm maybe the only guy on the planet that liked terminator 3 ... so what do i know about shit ...

continue with the hilarity chaps ..

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked Terminator 3

*Waits for delet to blow his brains out*

why would i do that .. i was reading back through this thread and awepittance or someone likes it too ... we're da brotherhood of t3 ...

Guest abusivegeorge

Oh no I just thought you hated me, and thus the thought of me agreeing with you might tip you over the edge.

i think Aliens is one of the most overhyped movies of the 80s. It's good but all the action scenes have blown their load within the first 30 minutes of the movie, and the whole destroying the alien queen part is super slow and not very exciting, just feels like the effects team had a field day and not much thought was put into the pacing of the final 30 minutes. Alien the original is a superior film by a long shot. Don't get me wrong i love it but i think i have the same confusion about people being obsessed with it as Zaphod is with Terminator 1.

I liked Terminator 3

*Waits for delet to blow his brains out*

why would i do that .. i was reading back through this thread and awepittance or someone likes it too ... we're da brotherhood of t3 ...

haha, its a guilty pleasure movie for me. I admit its heavily flawed and cheesy as fuck, but i enjoyed it and i genuinely think it does a better job of capturing the energy of T2 than the overwhelming majority of new sequels to old films like Indiana jones 4 or Star wars phantom menace. It also *feels* like its still in the Terminator universe unlike McG's Salvation ass-rape where i feel like im watching Resident Evil Extinction with michael bay robots in the nevada desert.

holy fuck you like T3 better than T2? LOL!!!!!!

noone said that ... they're both pretty average ... but worth a watch ... but not terminator 1 ... people seem pretty good here at reading whatever the hell they want into peoples thread postenings .. heh .. perhaps led by personal anxieties and prejudices they effect this reality distortion field in front of their eyes ...

like with abusive george thinking that i don't like him ... where the hell did that come from .. hah .. point to one post where i have a go at you personally and not just some idea you may have had (not that i even remember that but whatever) ... anyway .. reboot the relationship matey .. the fear is ova ;-]

Guest abusivegeorge

holy fuck you like T3 better than T2? LOL!!!!!!

noone said that ... they're both pretty average ... but worth a watch ... but not terminator 1 ... people seem pretty good here at reading whatever the hell they want into peoples thread postenings .. heh .. perhaps led by personal anxieties and prejudices they effect this reality distortion field in front of their eyes ...

like with abusive george thinking that i don't like him ... where the hell did that come from .. hah .. point to one post where i have a go at you personally and not just some idea you may have had (not that i even remember that but whatever) ... anyway .. reboot the relationship matey .. the fear is ova ;-]

Yeah sorry dude, not sure where it came from either, just distant memory from a thread I made a while back, probably completely misinterpreted it!

Anyway all good man :)!

these aliens just keep looking less impressive creatively speaking

those are the human avatar's though... the natives look like this...

Jake_and_Neytiri_by_HourglassMemory.jpg

I think they look pretty original/fresh when it comes to hollywood aliens..

and remember folks these are FRAMES... thats 24 frames per second... so think about how much work went into this... insane

these aliens just keep looking less impressive creatively speaking

those are the human avatar's though... the natives look like this...

Jake_and_Neytiri_by_HourglassMemory.jpg

this is actually not 2 native aliens, only 1 of them is. the one on the right is Sam Worthington's avatar with tribal paint on.

part of the problem with the footage i saw (the 16 minutes in 3d) was not even really to do with the special effects which i thought were amazing for the most part. what was most cheesy were the 'tribal' parts that seemed to evoke a very cheesy typical movie vibe when showing any earth bound tribal society. I thought a movie like apocolypto managed to pull off that style but Avatar seems to do it a little badly, and i emphasize this because a good chunk of the footage i saw seemed to revolve around Jake's avatar being 'taught' the way's of the navi by this female character.

edit: even the temporary music cues ( for christ sake i hope they are temporary) sounded like discovery channel show flute music, or the soundtrack to fern gully

i think the final product of avatar will be a very fun beautiful movie experience but interspersed with a lot of cringe inducing dialogue some of which is designed to make pg-13 targeted audiences giggle and cliche plot elements that made people want to forget Titanic

Archived