IGNORED

Kid for Today

lumpenprol

I remember the first time I heard this song, late at night, when I was sent a preview copy of the release... I sat there transfixed listening to that song. Some of the best BoC ever made.

First time i heard this track was back on the summer sometime 2007 i think. we were tripping on acid on the beach in St Kilda, a suburb of Melbourne. We then went to my mates car which was parked at the pier overlooking Melbourne and proceeded to smoke some DMT to IABPITC. Ever since then Kid for today has reminded me of that time in my life.

I do agree but for me it's also the little break about three minutes in and the last anchor of the beat comes in. Brilliant!

Guest thechintzyschpincter

this is hands down, my all time fave boc tune. in fact its probably in the top 3 all time fave songs, period.

it conveys so much i just...cannot even begin to describe what it does to me when the beat kicks in. oh my god. just..musical orgasms...splooge in my pantaloons...just..boosh. you guys know what im saying here

first heard this song in 2001, my first year in college. i had just started smoking dope more often and a friend of mine (whom adores this song as much as i do and in turn formed a strong bond between us) hopped on napster and typed in something like "trippy music" for a shrooms trip. the mix which became known as bedtime with buddha and is infamous with our group of friends (whenever a new persons hears the cd they always ask for a copy. the cd has been updated over the years to feature to new artists but it always features the greats like this song), featured air, solar quest, neotropic and ltj bukem, all artists whom i've come to love.

anyways, the synth melody loop reminds me so much of a similar melody that was used in this old radio commercial for a local home renovation store in the late 80's. whenever i was young and would sleep in my parents bed, the alarm would be set to a particular station that seemed to play this commercial almost at the same time every day. so in turn, i would wake up this melody in my head and i actually started looking forward to hearing that little tune. when it was taken off the air i actually was a bit sad. when i first heard kid for today that melody that was so familiar almost knocked me over. a wave of nostalgia washed over me in such a fashion that i actually felt transported back to my parents bed almost 15 years later.

i know that nostalgia and boc go hand in hand and i really dont know why i just basically gave you all a life story in regards to my love for kid for today, but im really baked. so yeah. also, it took me 6:23 to write this post as i listened to kid for today from start to finish.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Moebius

I just love how thick this track is. Right from the start, it just coats you like a blanket. And the gentle beat, like the sound of a car going over a bridge, when the tires run over the seams in the road every hundred feet or so. It's like the memory of coming home from family vacation, late at night, mom and dad up front, drifting off to sleep in the backseat.

Archived