IGNORED

Scotland

bossman

Guest cardan
hey I'm going to Scotland in September, going to be doing the sight-seeing rigamarole, and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on places to visit. I want to see some ancient grounds, locales off the standard tourist's path, or just anywhere you especially dig.

I'll be staying with my great aunt in Hamilton, but will arrange some wheels, so tell me where to go!

omg are you really a dog?

hey I'm going to Scotland in September, going to be doing the sight-seeing rigamarole, and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on places to visit. I want to see some ancient grounds, locales off the standard tourist's path, or just anywhere you especially dig.

I'll be staying with my great aunt in Hamilton, but will arrange some wheels, so tell me where to go!

omg are you really a dog?

most recent pic

post-4798-1244882621_thumb.jpg

Dog or not... don't listen to a word that keltoi guy says, he's just...well..he's just fucking naff and a total disgrace to the country of Scotland. He's fucking uncool, total stereotype who walks around in kilt and bagpipe eating haggis. FFS the guy listens to Luther Vandross and Kenny G and Flaming Lips. Fuck sake, please realise that this guy does not represent the country. He is too uncool. There are much cooler people out there who will be able to answer your question better. FFS he's just so fucking utterly naff, i can't bear to see him get involved in threads like this where he appears to be "reprezentin" a nation, it's like watching your 80 year old Uncle Herbert gettin pissed at a celeigh and sees some kids at the bar and rapes them to show that he can still get it up and then making a total fool of himself trying to explain why he did it.

Totally fucking naff.

Guest abusivegeorge
Dog or not... don't listen to a word that keltoi guy says, he's just...well..he's just fucking naff and a total disgrace to the country of Scotland. He's fucking uncool, total stereotype who walks around in kilt and bagpipe eating haggis. FFS the guy listens to Luther Vandross and Kenny G and Flaming Lips. Fuck sake, please realise that this guy does not represent the country. He is too uncool. There are much cooler people out there who will be able to answer your question better. FFS he's just so fucking utterly naff, i can't bear to see him get involved in threads like this where he appears to be "reprezentin" a nation, it's like watching your 80 year old Uncle Herbert gettin pissed at a celeigh and sees some kids at the bar and rapes them to show that he can still get it up and then making a total fool of himself trying to explain why he did it.

Totally fucking naff.

I have a lot of respect for keltoi, but I actually quite like you too so who do I believe?

• 3 months later...

so I only made it out to Skye via Inverness, then back to Carluke via Fort William/Glen Nevis.. the highlands are beyond words. I will be back soon to make a slower trek up the west coast. Thanks keltoi, your country is breathtaking and the girls (mostly in Edinburgh) are gorgeous.

edit: yeesh! beware, pics are fucking huge

post-4798-1254198031539_thumb.jpg

post-4798-12541981051438_thumb.jpg

Guest abusivegeorge

There are some stunning scottish lass, but most have a penis I'm afraid.

(seriously I am only joking).

It is beautiful up there though, heading up there to Evo Triangle this time next year, it's a famous scottish race circuit, should be awesome.

(Which is commonly mistaken for being in North Wales btw, thats not the real Evo triangle, thats some stupid fucking triangle given the name by the writers of "evo" magazine)

Guest abusivegeorge

Do you Scots eat those eels that lurk at the bottom of your lochs?

P.S. Avoid Scotch Mist at all costs and keep a portion of unsalted shortbread with you in case you run into an unavoidable situation.

Yes they do, jellied eels are a speciality up there.

Also, was that a Garth Marenghis darkplace reference or just a coincidence with the whole scotch mist and unsalted shortbread thing? lol if it was intended as Garth Marenghi reference.

u made it to Skye Bossman - so you win.

Take a dram or two while you were here? Some nice whisky in Skye actually (Talisker) - lovely an fierce, blaws a hole in your throat.

Glad you enjoyed, and haste ye back!

PS - next time, come visit the Tannoy factory off the M8 at Coatbridge and take the tour... whisky and loudspeakers - about the only industries left in Scotland, but I can't think of two worthier endeavours.

nice one bossman, glad you enjoyed yourself.

great you made it to skye. if you can see beyond 100ft (no mist) you're considered privileged. if you get sun and blue skies you're a jammy fucker.

i can't believe you were in carluke of all places! i had the misfortune of living there for a while so hate it with a passion.

• 4 years later...

I see what you did there... you did the ol' "lets pretend somewhere pish is desirable" gag... at least you could've been inventive with it and referenced Auchinleck, Lugar, Cumnock, New Cumnock or Edinburgh.

Oh shit 4 year old thread. LOL

Anyway my Scotland whisky trip was amazing. We did a dozen distillery in a week, went through awesome scenery, went on Skye for amazing walking paths, did the Edin tourist stuff, did I say all the whisky?

Archived