IGNORED

share something quirky/peculiar that bothers/unsettles you.

Plum

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

irrational fear, children with balls... must be down to childhood trauma involving balls

a while ago i walked by some kids playing with a ball and feared the worst (ball coming near me or hitting me), but the kids politely stopped playing as we passed

Guest abusivegeorge

When the opening in the pillow case is facing to the right.

Oh man, me too, fuck, I didn't wanna mention it either for it being TOO irrantional/weird but I guess not.

i love/hate doing the following:

spend 5+ hours on internets (mood enhancers optional) -

the world is weird after long periods of Laughing On Line

go to a supermarket with music playing device

put on headphones

wander around, whilst listening to something completely disparate to the surroundings

three favourites of mine are sunn o))), later autechre, and talk talk's laughing stock

there is something very unsettling about making your poor fried brain listen to big dirty walls of squalling guitar noise whilst watching fat chavs decide which frozen pizza they're going to have tonight.

Replying to share something quirky/peculiar that bothers/unsettles you.

reality as persued by loe iekyue ... qudr ..ie havf tue werk wix xeez peepl ... and xae doent eevn reeoliez ...xaer olwaez redee wix xair nievz ... strenueus ekstrenueaeting ... in witc wee surviev ..

2 minutes after exiting the supermarket i have a song stuck in my head that i didn't even notice when i was in there, like my humps by the black eyed peas or something

it doesn't bother me tho, it bothers someone i know

edit: they also get the song stuck in their head, i don't sing it aloud and bother them. that's something that bothers me, someone singing a song aloud because it's stuck in their head, keep it in your head i say

2 minutes after exiting the supermarket i have a song stuck in my head that i didn't even notice when i was in there, like my humps by the black eyed peas or something

i'd say that threw a right gordo in the works.

when people have a song stuck in their head, they don't even have the right lyrics (they gordo it up haha), that makes it even worse

gordo

mo

if you can get into a hypnagogic state (ie, exactly halfway between sleep and wakefulness) and manage to stay there for a while (it's quite hard) some music can be exceptionally wonderful/unsettling depending on the music. managing to sorta hover your consciousness in one state without either heading toward wakefulness or sleep is pretty rare - it's only happened to me a couple of times, completely accidentally.

ok computer (great), () (bliss), the sinking of the titanic (melancholic), SAW2 (terrifying)

it's odd, because it's essentially the analogue of sleep paralysis when entering rather than exiting sleep

and sleep paralysis is shityerpants scary

too vague, sounds like you enjoy it. what? are going to post that you find Roquefort wonderful/unsettling next?

bothers/unsettled me

edit: something quirky/peculiar that bothers/unsettles me is dr. oetker

Guest Rabid

if you can get into a hypnagogic state (ie, exactly halfway between sleep and wakefulness) and manage to stay there for a while (it's quite hard) some music can be exceptionally wonderful/unsettling depending on the music. managing to sorta hover your consciousness in one state without either heading toward wakefulness or sleep is pretty rare - it's only happened to me a couple of times, completely accidentally.

ok computer (great), () (bliss), the sinking of the titanic (melancholic), SAW2 (terrifying)

it's odd, because it's essentially the analogue of sleep paralysis when entering rather than exiting sleep

and sleep paralysis is shityerpants scary

Yes, I think hypnagogic can refer to both the transition into and out of sleep.

It's really sort of amazing what you hear when hypnagogic.

when someone eats something they like and go "uhhm". then they do it again and say oh this is so good then they make that sound again.

i remember witnessing two very young girls taking a real primeval pleasure from bludgeoning a furby to bits.

i still hear that poor furbys whimperings and the help me stare that it gave from its one still functioning eye.

quite haunting!

i once skinned a furby

it's a scary looking fucker without the fur

i then proceeded to rewire it and it started speaking in tongues

then it died

i love/hate doing the following:

spend 5+ hours on internets (mood enhancers optional) -

the world is weird after long periods of Laughing On Line

go to a supermarket with music playing device

put on headphones

wander around, whilst listening to something completely disparate to the surroundings

three favourites of mine are sunn o))), later autechre, and talk talk's laughing stock

there is something very unsettling about making your poor fried brain listen to big dirty walls of squalling guitar noise whilst watching fat chavs decide which frozen pizza they're going to have tonight.

i've done this a few times, it's great listening to something really menacing while in a supermarket haha!

that's something that bothers me, someone singing a song aloud because it's stuck in their head, keep it in your head i say

yeah my girlfriend does this. she'll say "i've got *song* stuck in my head" and then right away i'll shout, "DON'T sing it!" zole.

Archived