IGNORED

WATMM Skin Requests and Issues

Joyrex

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iain C

What's all this hullabaloo about links not opening in new tabs? Use your middle mouse button, fellas. That's what it's there for.

Guest blicero

(moved from separate thread)

PLEASE fix the "View New Content" page

I don't know how many other people used to view WATMM primarily using the New Posts (?) link, but so much is missing in this new version.

Compare this: http://forum.watmm.c...php?showforum=4

with this: http://forum.watmm.c...arch_filter_app[forums]=1

• There is no little square that allows you to jump to the newest unread post in the thread
  • no datetime stamp
  • no author
  • no topic subtitle

Please resolve this ASAP, since this is the main way many of us use the site. Thank you.

couple of features i'm hoping are still around, just not "surfaced" in the current skin:

View New Posts - the BEST way to browse wattum - flattens out all those controversial subforums. The new "View New Content" link is kinda the same but not - it's context sensitive, so for example if you're viewing your profile and you click it, you get a list of new users who have joined the sire since you last logged on, and if you're reading a pm, you get a list of "new" pms. just havign one link that would always show you the new posts was awesome and super efficient IMHO

related to that - the view you get when you click View New Content no longer shows the topic starter (handy for avoiding trolls) or the topic subtitle (sometimes the NSFW tag lurks in there...)

otherwise, keep up the good work guys. i'm sure new board version = lots of cool new plugins that will probably outweigh any downsides eventually.

was it a paid upgrade btw?

The View New Content is more general, and I too tried to use it in the old way of "View New Posts" - you should be using the "View Active Content" on the forum index (link at the bottom, and I'll probably move or add another at the top), which gives you the same effect - also, clicking on threads you've previously read WILL take you to the last unread post, without the need for another link to click on. I like this consolidation of elements. However, it does not show who started the thread, something I agree should be put back in.

The upgrade was part of the annual fee for the board, and I had been waiting for this version before I undertook any major changes to the board (like a custom skin) as I knew beforehand that a lot of the coding and the way the skins work would change.

Image attachments are annoying. You can't right-click/CTRL-click and save any of the images or gifs because it shows up as a flash application-thingie.

it's not flash, just a JS lightbox which is common on the internet these days.

There is not enough space for the other styles menu when I use "Add Reply" instead of "Fast Reply". Perhaps should it be displayed in several columns?

stylemenu.jpg

Odd; for me it jumps downward (last I recall) if it was near the top of the screen. I'll look into it. There's a lot there we don't need anyways, so it could probably use a pairing down.

Need links to open in new window/tab.

pretyty plz. also fully agree about getting the vertical space down.

Middle-click for now, but I recall a setting in the control panel to do this - I read it as open in a new window, which I thought might annoy users. I'll test it and see if it opens in a new tab instead.

I think the pale blue stripes above and below posts should take up less vertical space. Also, the time stamp could be put in the above blue stripe, saving vertical space.

Agreed - spacing and alignment, along with placement of elements, will all be things I'll address in the redesign.

Would love a feature where our most frequented topics are put up on the side instead of the newest ones. I usually just go through the board looking for topics Ive already posted in. so to see ones that are personally our most active would be great

I agree with you on this; I don't know if it's possible (well, anything's possible, but is it feasible to implement) - you could track the topics using the new feature, but I prefer the board to "know" what you frequent, and build a list based on that. We'll see, but a good suggestion nonetheless.

You could track the threads that you are most personally interested in...

See above.

What's all this hullabaloo about links not opening in new tabs? Use your middle mouse button, fellas. That's what it's there for.

See above.

(moved from separate thread)

PLEASE fix the "View New Content" page

I don't know how many other people used to view WATMM primarily using the New Posts (?) link, but so much is missing in this new version.

Compare this: http://forum.watmm.c...php?showforum=4

with this: http://forum.watmm.c...arch_filter_app[forums]=1

• There is no little square that allows you to jump to the newest unread post in the thread
  • no datetime stamp
  • no author
  • no topic subtitle

Please resolve this ASAP, since this is the main way many of us use the site. Thank you.

See above, and yes, the other items you listed should be there and we'll work on getting that data in there.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I don't have a middle mouse button.

I navigate watmm using the power glove.

i'd love to eliminate signatures entirely, and keep the avatars big

can someone link me to a tutorial on designing skins for IPB just out of curiosity

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

goddamn so many styles to update. thanks for the sending the css files. i may have a real simple skin ready to go in 2010

it's also a pain in the ass to quote something already in quotes. you have to cut and paste :\

Ah, you're right!

OK, turned quote embedding back on...

Guest Adjective

skin-suggest.png

what about taking all the crap underneath the avatar and arranging it horizontally in one of the "spacing" cells

i'd prefer that to reducing avatar size, i loves big avatars. also push the avatar up and to the left

skin-suggest.png

what about taking all the crap underneath the avatar and arranging it horizontally in one of the "spacing" cells

i'd prefer that to reducing avatar size, i loves big avatars. also push the avatar up and to the left

That's a pretty cool idea, actually!

I also found out that there's an update (3.0.1) that adds back all the things the "View New Content" page took away from the prior version, with controls in your Control Panel to choose either the new way or the old way of displaying things. Update should be out sometime this week, I imagine.

Archived