IGNORED

the 'we don't know what else to do so....' ending

kaini

a lot of happy songs from indie rock bands always end with an evil guitar sound drenched in reverb or similar things that don't fit, it's like they're thinking "oh this makes us sound even more awesome."

I can't come up with a perfect example right now, so I'll just post one that comes to mind and that's Coldplay - Lovers in Japan

[youtubehd]E_exesnCA5Y[/youtubehd]

Guest Iain C

a lot of happy songs from indie rock bands always end with an evil guitar sound drenched in reverb or similar things that don't fit, it's like they're thinking "oh this makes us sound even more awesome."

I can't come up with a perfect example right now, so I'll just post one that comes to mind and that's Coldplay - Lovers in Japan

[youtubehd]E_exesnCA5Y[/youtubehd]

About as indie as Michael Jackson. Just sayin'...

Usually they fade right when the singer gets TOO enthusiatic and does something off-key or just retarded sounding. When you heard the un-faded acapellas of famous songs you generally have a "THAT'S why they faded it there" moment.

The most famous is Marvin Gaye's "Please dont procrastinate, [fade starts] it's not good to ma..." in Sexual Healing

but that is the best part of the song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQCQ3yWJDoU

ba da ba da ba da da da PSHHH

like this analogue wings

fucking lol many times.

Guest ~ism

a load of whackos music vids end with a cringe.

Liberian Girl being one of the worst examples.

Wilco endings are always kick ass, very idiosyncratic and weird for alt-country stuff!.

(Misunderstood, Via Chicago, the entire Yankee Hotel Foxtrot album, etc..)

Guest 277: 930-933

Every track should end with epic tom/snare rolls and cymbal crashes, Iron Maiden's Powerslave proves this fact.

I don't care if there wasn't even any drums on the track.

oh you mean

da da da (pause, drummer "subtly" counts 4 on sticks...) CRASH!

aka the Battle Of The Bands ending

lol

that one's bad, but not as bad as MJ's 'resolve key quickly, wrap things up in a neat little package' endings

Wilco endings are always kick ass, very idiosyncratic and weird for alt-country stuff!.

(Misunderstood, Via Chicago, the entire Yankee Hotel Foxtrot album, etc..)

Amen.

I don't know if their new album would be well appreciated by many people here, but I think the album closer is one of the best songs I've ever heard. The lyrics summed up everything that's been bothering me for a while so concisely, and the music behind it is a perfect match. Crazy good song...

here's the archetypical example, using a popular theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI9OYMRwN1Q

those two chords at the end. to anyone who's listened to a lot of music they just scream 'yeah this was a cool idea, but now we're locked into making a song with it, and we have no idea how to end it. let's have a meeting in which we decide a fast V-I progression will wrap things up nicely w00t we done made a hit!!1!'

name and optionally post other examples of the 'no idea how to end the track' syndrome here!

oh you mean

da da da (pause, drummer "subtly" counts 4 on sticks...) CRASH!

aka the Battle Of The Bands ending

there are also hybrids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EebObs-vC0

actually veeeeeeeeeeeeery similar to the jacko shit

cos that's the one i hate the most

Amen.

I don't know if their new album would be well appreciated by many people here, but I think the album closer is one of the best songs I've ever heard. The lyrics summed up everything that's been bothering me for a while so concisely, and the music behind it is a perfect match. Crazy good song...

Well they aren't shy for experimentation for sure. Not electro weird shit, but guitar sonic experimentation. Some people have compared Yankee Hotel Foxtrot to Dark Side of the Moon for the sonic aural greatness and they are totally right. A Ghost is Born is really great, every song is a little setpiece for the whole thing. And 8 minutes of awesome drone ending a 3 minute piece?!

You're right, Wilco (the album) is really great. I love all the tracks except Sunny Feeling. I know it's about something but I don't get it. Everything else is kick ass. Jeff Tweady is an awesome lyricist. Anyway, Everlasting Everything is beautiful. "Everylasting love is all you have". And then seagulls? (to continue about song endings)

Archived