IGNORED

Where's the line?

Guest joshier

[youtubehd]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtubehd]

Guest abusivegeorge

First of all, if you are implementing the advice you have received from watmm in your daily life, then your boss is probably right. So here are the steps:

1. Stop taking advice from watmm.

thats pretty fuckin rich coming from you

First of all, if you are implementing the advice you have received from watmm in your daily life, then your boss is probably right. So here are the steps:

1. Stop taking advice from watmm.

haven't you done this a ton?

Yes chax, I was taking the piss, but at least you noticed.

lol

Perhaps you could stop being a little girl about it?

I mean, my boss is a fucking lunatic moron. Sometimes he just gets in a huff and throws his toys out of the pram, shouting, swearing and hurling insults (for no reason most of the time). He's an odd bloke admittedly, but just don't take it personally. I know I'm not going to get fired when he gets the arse because I'm fucking good at my job, so I just ignore it. If you're getting all upset about it then maybe you know you're in the wrong.

Or something. I don't know.

OR: You could sue him. Nothing gets you on the bosses good side better than a lawsuit.

the place im working at just sent over a corporate boss on his last legs to try to improve the situation...unfortunately his management tactics are starting to piss every single other worker here off.

my advice is to get other people on your side, otherwise you can't win. in the corporate world, when numbers threaten to lose the company a lot of money, shit gets fixed and quick.

It all depends on the company/workplace, but as mentioned before, in order to 'properly' fire you (unless the UK is an 'at will' employment area - e.g.: hire or fire at will without cause), there needs to be documentation showing poor performance on your part, or discipline problems with co-workers that were either verbally issued with a witness, or documented.

You say you're a good employee, but other than your own observation, what can you show to your boss to back up that claim (and refute his)? Unless you have actual measurable data showing adequate performance, or at least the verifiable testimonial of your co-workers on your performance, or better yet, performance reviews less than 3-6 months old showing adequate performance that your boss signed off on, you're pretty much fucked and should consider looking elsewhere BEFORE the inevitable occurs.

Guest 277: 930-933

I am curious. At what point does a boss cross a line with his/her employee that can be illegal through the courts?

The boss at my part time job wants me sacked because sales are down, and today he was saying stuff like "other people in here say they can't rely on you, that they can't trust you with a project" (which is utter bullshit). Then he's saying things like "You need to sort your life out".

Most other guys there think he's a wanker too.

Anyone know any legal stuff related to this?

Your boss doesn't like you, no reason to clog up the legal system, besides it will just be your word against his.

As long as there's no actual abuse or evidence thereof you don't stand a chance.

Go look for a different job.

This would have been different if this job was important for your career, but a part time job?

Why bother?

Guest joshier

thanks for your replies. i especially liked that vid given by etch, classic clip.

you all strike good points and I was about to reply earlier but didn't have time. basically, today nothing happened.. he didn't say a word.. I don't know if i'll be sacked any time so it's prettty shit for that but as 277 points out, it is onl a part time job and i have a lot of other stuff on my plate (starting a business) so it's all good in either case really. I'll keep you guys updated, not that any one wants to know any more haha.

Just suck up to him. Even if you are doing a good job. Be like "Okay, I understand, thanks boss! I would like to meet your standards and prove myself worthy to your company. I would really appreciate any examples you could give me on how I could improve and how I am not doing my job effectively. I will try my hardest to do what you require of me, and I am willing to communicate with you and other co-workers in order to fully understand my flaws and improve upon my performance." Just be as curteous as possible and force him to give you actual specific REASONS why you are doing a bad job. If he is still trying to fire you after that, then at least you have some grounds for how to fight back(legally or verbally), especially if he gives you this in writing. I would suggest sending him a well thought out, well written email or letter.

Guest joshier

Bubba69

that's exactly what I done and seeing as I'm a shit liar, if I had of lied by saying all that stuff it would hav been obvious. However, I am not a liar and I really do fucking try hard and my efforts are shown day to day. everyone I work with know I'm a very good worker and appreciate my efforts.

I think that's why he didn't say a word to me today.. he doesn't have anything on me.

Archived