IGNORED

Watchmen: Director's Cut

Rubin Farr

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

Terry Gilliam was originally going to do this movie, but they could only get a 25mil budget with him. All that could have been...

Actually, the film was faithful to a fault. I think the V for Vendetta adaptation is probably a better FILM, but the look and feel of this one won me over.

BTW nearly every movie gets about 10% better when you watch it in HD instead of DVD. If I had Mad Men on DVD instead of blu ray, I probably wouldn't have gotten past the pilot.

I loved the comic and liked the movie. I'll check out the director's cut when I feel I want to spend money on it.

• 1 month later...

I still havent seen this film.

When i heard the directors cut was being released i sat back and waited so i could see it in it's fullest form (i love director's cuts i have Lethal Weapon 1 & 2 on american region 1 import)

Then when the director's cut came to the UK it was only released on Blu Ray. I dont have a Blu Ray player, so i thought, fuck it, i'll just watch the theatrical version, stick it on my rental list. So today im thinking "i still havent seen this film" so i go onto amazon and buy a region 1 version import of the directors cut for £15, im at the checkout just about to confirm my purchase then saw someone talking about an even fuller 5- disc version being released in December http://boards.ign.com/dvd_general_board/b5041/182409113/p1/ That put me in doubt. Reckon i'm gonna hang back for this 5 disc package and really see the film in its purest form. I haven't read the novel so any extra's and stuff that can help get into this thing is a bonus, i know how this film has split opinion big style.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I have no interest in watching the film again, let alone a longer version. I think the shitty acting was one of the horriblest aspects for me.

methinks the animated sequence will completely pull viewers out of the film. it may have worked in the book, but in a film it just seems like a completely unrelated story. stick to the DC.

im looking forward to seeing the final version of the WAtchmen directors cut, but it really pissies me off they are doing 3 different versions so far apart from one another. They did the same thing with King Kong and after i got kind of sucked into buying the 1st two 'special editions' i felt like i just just been ass raped very very hard after i had in my hand a 3rd edition of king kong. i feel really dumb about tht one

Guest Glass Plate

im looking forward to seeing the final version of the WAtchmen directors cut, but it really pissies me off they are doing 3 different versions so far apart from one another. They did the same thing with King Kong and after i got kind of sucked into buying the 1st two 'special editions' i felt like i just just been ass raped very very hard after i had in my hand a 3rd edition of king kong. i feel really dumb about tht one

that's pretty bad. I don't think I'll every watch any version of that film.

Archived