IGNORED

Just installed Windows 7 Ultimate

Blir

A full installation of Windows 7 Ultimate with a 1TB hard drive formatted and all drivers ready to go upon first logon took me exactly 40 minutes. This is very good and I am happy.

I was previously using the RC and now my wireless connection is tip top as opposed to the meagre connection I was getting before - Basically I am very chuffed and I think this is for sure going to be the dominant OS for some time. I'm planning to roll out a few Windows 7 systems at clients on an experimental basis to see how that runs.

Anyone else grabbed the full Windows 7 yet? Thoughts?

Comes highly recommended from three months of RC use with not a single issue.

I installed Pro a few weeks back on my desktop and laptop and enterprise (basically the same as ultimate) on my girlfriends laptop over the weekend... I love it. I was skeptical putting it on my laptop for it is what I use to do all my music stuff but things have been running better than ever.... even better than XP.

Innit. After the shambles that was Vista I've been so impressed by 7. Not had a single problem with incompatibility.

are you saying final gives you better wireless than the RC?

Well, yeah. It's saying I have a stronger signal now anyway. Which I don't get because it's a PCI wireless card.

Honestly I can't stand wireless anyway, gonna get an ethernet through mains plug or something at some point.

I got mine legit... serials and all. If you are in the IT field and are subscribed with microsoft you can get your shit early. We got an email 2 weeks ago from microsoft with links to the ISOs of enterprise 64/86 and pro 64/86.

Guest Franklin

still waiting to here about more compatibility stuff... i bought vista 64 bit a month ago and it came with a free upgrade to 7. vista is pissing me off... well 64-bit is pissing me off.

I got mine legit... serials and all. If you are in the IT field and are subscribed with microsoft you can get your shit early. We got an email 2 weeks ago from microsoft with links to the ISOs of enterprise 64/86 and pro 64/86.

I apologize, I didn't know the final was available that way

:facepalm:

I apologize, I didn't know the final was available that way

:facepalm:

massive lol

Yep. Same here, it rules. Sorta.

There's an obscene amount of software on MSDN that I can't even be bothered to try, maybe I should.

I'm running it virtually (the RC) via Parallels on the Mac, and I must say, I'm liking it so far - the only issue I seem to be having is it thinking the wireless card is missing, even though I have an internet connection (more to do with Parallels than Win7 I reckon). This is what Vista should have been (and two years earlier than Vista came out).

*thoughtfully eyes OSX Snow Leopard upgrade disk*

Guest Adjective

Well, yeah. It's saying I have a stronger signal now anyway. Which I don't get because it's a PCI wireless card.

i wonder if they just changed how the meter works or if you're experiencing any measurable improvement.

i really like windows 7 RC, no real problems so far. will probably ride it out until expiration

i wonder if they just changed how the meter works or if you're experiencing any measurable improvement.

i really like windows 7 RC, no real problems so far. will probably ride it out until expiration

Well, since yesterday it's been back to it's shitty self. It must have at first been like "Whoa! Wireless internet here we go!" but now it's shithouse again.

I'm gonna get an n router and adapter because our router at home is fucking dreadful.

Archived