IGNORED

classic electronic music

vamos scorcho

I'm really into Jean Michel Jarre these days, alongside Tangerine Dream, Cluster, and Kraftwerk. Stockhausen also has some good moments.

I really want to know more music like this, made on classic synths with interesting song structures.

I'm really into Jean Michel Jarre these days, alongside Tangerine Dream, Cluster, and Kraftwerk. Stockhausen also has some good moments.

I really want to know more music like this, made on classic synths with interesting song structures.

Luke Vibert actually came out with two albums "Nuggets" and "Further Nuggets" which contain early electronic/experimental music from the 50's from people like Roger Roger and Nino Nardini. It's not that bad if you're into it

i would set stockhausen apart from most of the other bands you listed, but here is who i like of pre 80s electronic music

R-1006452-1242078711.jpeg

pre disco giorgio moroder project

R-1370918-1213724149.jpeg

Gil Mellé

R-307663-1104879527.jpg

blog with clips here

51RuqzRbbiL._SS500_.jpg

Vangelis_Heaven_and_Hell.jpg

klaus-schulze-timewind-cover.jpg

cover_37579782005.jpg

zodi_front.jpg

luke vibert got most of his kerrier district inspiration (not to mention samples) from this album

if you are looking for other stuff like stockhausen check out Pierre Schaffer, David Tudor, Morton Subotnick or Iannis Xenakis

I can't believe no one has recommended white noise - an electric storm :facepalm::fail:

Mort Garson, Roger Roger, Bruce Haack, Georges Teperino, Morton Subotnick

Guest ezkerraldean

I'm really into Jean Michel Jarre these days

good man

get hold of all of his albums if you don't have them. everything up to and including Chronologie is mint.

also, dub has its origins in the same time period, and also owes its existence to electronics. get some vintage Tubby.

I'd also recommend Henri Chopin if you're into abstract shit

I can't believe no one has recommended white noise - an electric storm :facepalm::fail:

I've just been checking that shit out and man, it's really amazing.

nice, pretty much everyone at the bbc radiophonic workshop put out amazing music http://www.discogs.com/artist/BBC+Radiophonic+Workshop just go through all of them and you're bound to find lots of great music.

Guest Calx Sherbet

yeah they're heading up my list. i never realized how mindblowingly incredibly they were until a few days ago.

what are you favorite albums of theirs. i've been listening to phaedra and exit. both excellent.

their old school stuff (like pre phaedra) is pretty good when it comes to really abstract ambient. i guess good examples of that are Atem and Alpha Centauri, then later on this style evolved into more rhythmic stuff like Stratosfear and White Eagle. both of which are very good.

in their discography, one of their eras was the "Melrose Years" which was on Peter Baumann's private music label. they produced three albums that, and they were flawless. Optical Race, Melrose, and Lily on the Beach. their next era was pretty rockin' too, the Seattle Era. Rockon would be the first album to look up in that era, it was on the Mirimar label.

their latest label is eastgate. they've had several remakes of older work, plus some great new albums like "Chandra" (i have the whole thing on youtube if you ever care to hear it), and Flame.

zodi_front.jpg

luke vibert got most of his kerrier district inspiration (not to mention samples) from this album

Wow, sick cover. And damn, you're right, a Kerrier District track definitely samples Pacific. Also something I have heard recently samples the first track and it is driving me crazy. I'm thinking it's something hip hop, maybe on Stones Throw.

Archived