IGNORED

2009-2010 - HOCKEY Thread

Brandi_B

Exciting season coming up!

* Season premieres in Europe,

* Jan 1st is the Winter Classic (flyers @ bruins) taking the place of the allstar game....

* Then There's the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. Nucks will be on the longest road trip in NHL history b/c of this. Winter Olympics Ice Hockey is Feb 16-28, I'm really looking forward to this!

Also looking forward to the Hurricanes taking home the cup! *zing* I have no idea what the rosters for Olympics teams are going to be :(

Canes got Andrew Alberts (flyers), Jay Harrison (from the leafs), and Aaron Ward from the bruins (played for us b4) hopefully this will help with defense that was lacking in the cup playoffs last season. Offense got Thomas Kostopoulos (canadiens), Rob Hennigar (first nhl signing I believe), and one or two others.

Pens got some new players up their sleeves too. Very interesting season ahead!

Oh and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uObdV8nRXE&feature=player_embedded

I don't care for the Senators, but I sure as hell can't do that :wtf:

every year it 'premiers' starts in a diffrent country, last year it was in sweaden and czech rep. whats the big deal?

the canes are fail. ez as that. chicago arnt going anywhere near the cup (hossa anyone?) the pens will be great YET again this season. the olympics will be awesome, but russia, canada final.

im much more happier about all of this talking to my hockey buddys about it. just dosnt compute very well on a forum (unless its the play offs or i started to the thread)

i am rooting for my hawks to get to the finals and win. it's third time a charm for hossa, damnit!

the whole offseason of the hawks have been an awful gongshow (not mailing the qualifying offers for the RFAs on time, signing hossa instead of re-signing havlat causing a huge rift in the front office ending in the removing of the GM, hossa being injured until decemeber, hossa contract being investigated by the league and finally pat kane slapping around a cabbie). the damn season better start already! and the hawks are playing their first two games in finland, but i can't afford the damn tickets, they want an arm and a leg for the nosebleeds.

habs..lol. aint no 100th year this season!

i have a soft spot for the hawks i must say. but they arnt going anywhere, kane looks like hes a delinquent and not mature enough to lead the hawks to the finals. he is like a crosby when he was in minors.

every year it 'premiers' starts in a diffrent country, last year it was in sweaden and czech rep. whats the big deal?

Was really just stating the start date, didn't mean to imply there was a big deal about where it's starting :)

god that was an amazing shot @ your sig CMA

Much as I love the canes, that was just a beautiful shot.

Is malkin still on the pens? If so there's some fierce competition coming the canes way.

of course malkin is on the pens, where would he go, he is arguably the most important player on the team. malkin > crosby, imo. the pens must be the luckiest team, first they are blessed with lemieux and jagr and now have malkin and crosby....it sucks.

one of the pens best signing this yea was, selling gill to the habs and signing jay mckee.

lets face it gill at times is great, but most of the time he is clumsy, especailly in Pentaly killing. and having mckee next to gonchar or letang will be awesome.

and what a stupid questing is malkin still on the pens? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

lmao..I didn't mean malkin I meant STAAL ....:wtf:...yeah of course malkin is still there. thats why i was saying fierce competition. I think this kolonopin is effing up my brain. Anyway i was thinking if staal was traded they prolly got someone new and good, hence the added fierceness

:facepalm:

Archived