IGNORED

Insurgents Blow Themselves Up

Joyrex

Man, it doesn't stop there if you want to walk down certain internet pathways to desert hell. I have a few select color shots and videos--a standout was a self-bomber who blew himself up but the job botched. He was basically "in half" so he was turning circles like Curly from the The Three Stooges with his one arm and leg on the street. People just stared or yelled at him. Fucking spoooooooky.

Link?

Joyrex, do you have any idea how Darwinism works?

the term 'darwinism' covers a huge range of theories.

this clip could easily be associated with natural selection or survival of the fittest.

so what's the beef?

this clip could easily be associated with natural selection or survival of the fittest.

so what's the beef?

Well, technically, you'd also have to show that the saps in this video hadn't passed on their genes, or at least had not passed on their genes with an success rate to the other individuals they are competing with, and you'd also wanna show that other individuals who share the specific genes that Joyrex was making fun of here, I'd guess the ones that led them to be tinkering with bombs, have, on average, done poorly against competition.

But there's no beef, I really just meant it as a joke. You know, taking a simple phrase very seriously and missing the obvious point of it. Like the way people respond to "this experience I had was like torture" with "have you ever been tortured". Oh well, I guess it didn't come across.

EDIT: carry on with your thread, don't mind me...

so what's the beef?

Well, technically, you'd also have to show that the saps in this video hadn't passed on their genes, or at least had not passed on their genes with an success rate to the other individuals they are competing with, and you'd also wanna show that other individuals who share the specific genes that Joyrex was making fun of here, I'd guess the ones that led them to be tinkering with bombs, have, on average, done poorly against competition.

But there's no beef, I really just meant it as a joke. You know, taking a simple phrase very seriously and missing the obvious point of it. Like the way people respond to "this experience I had was like torture" with "have you ever been tortured". Oh well, I guess it didn't come across.

EDIT: carry on with your thread, don't mind me...

still, it isn't a very tactful use of the term. The psychological mindset they are in when they are planting the bombs has very little to do with genetics and a lot to do with sociology. If by darwinism he meant killing off a weak social class, i wouldn't think it was necessarily racist, but if he meant killing off a weak race, I would find it offensive.

personally i don't know at what scale there is actual darwinism taking place in this war, but I don't think this is the best example, and I also don't think it is funny.

Archived