IGNORED

Movies That Totally Suck!

Redruth

Guest Renivatio

dude this shouldn't be here in this thread. this is on a whole 'nuther plane.

the room is a borken mess of a masterpiece

oh hi mark.

movies that i've recently seen that sucked hard were Ultraviolet *shudder* (such a shitty film), Dead Silence (c'mon....really? seriously?), and The Day the Earth Stood Still remake (I saw that one coming from a mile away but my family wanted to see it badly so...)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good, i hope donnie darko guy never makes another movie

for shits. a one hit wonder for sure. i hope he's not, but it looks that way...

'south land tail's was a fucking chore.

i did not see this box of shit. should i start a thread called 'movies that totally suck'

to go along with my 'albums that totally suck'?

Nobody said yes.

it was just a logical progression, sorry to impose.

i mean no harm :smile:

Guest Calx Sherbet

flash gordon

flash gordon?! That's a classic, if you saw it as a kid. Left me with more indelible memories than probably any other childhood film...of course it sucks but that's not the point...

you might be right, in fact i bet you are right. it must need that nostalgic hook

Choke

Not that bad I guess, but did they even read the book to the end? The ending of the movie was a serious WTF.

Is the book worth it? I saw the movie and even though I don't remember it, I remember not liking it much.

blair witch project

TOTALLY.

Guest Calx Sherbet

oh my lord, i can't believe how long this took me.....

The 3rd and 4th texas chainsaw massacre films. these almost need a thread of there own to serve as a monument of how horrible they are. i'd also say the 2nd one, but i bet some would say it's a cult classic (i hated it). but they totally blow. especially the 4th, that was such a lazily made movie. it was like watching a bag of rotting garbage spin in a washing machine.

grizzly man is a fucking fantastic film. It made me laugh and cry at the same time and I left feeling like I had experienced both man and animal as well as nature at their most extremes. I'm am a dolt and Werner Herzog has more talent and creativity in his fingernail than I could ever dream of containing in my pathetic faculties.

but now that we're on herzog, rescue dawn was fucking pathetic. perhaps i was biased cause I had already seen the original, Little Deter needs to fly, (which btw is fuckin brilliant) and did not want to see bale acting out the scenes of death and drag that deter himself had described with such intensity and honesty. It was hopeless

Guest Calx Sherbet

I liked "The Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (1994), just saw the rating on imdb lol.

wasn't matthew mchonogghgpyy in it? whatever his name is, fuck

oh my lord, i can't believe how long this took me.....

The 3rd and 4th texas chainsaw massacre films. these almost need a thread of there own to serve as a monument of how horrible they are. i'd also say the 2nd one, but i bet some would say it's a cult classic (i hated it). but they totally blow. especially the 4th, that was such a lazily made movie. it was like watching a bag of rotting garbage spin in a washing machine.

lol

but now that we're on herzog, rescue dawn was fucking pathetic. perhaps i was biased cause I had already seen the original, Little Deter needs to fly, (which btw is fuckin brilliant) and did not want to see bale acting out the scenes of death and drag that deter himself had described with such intensity and honesty. It was hopeless

agreed, Bale is a tosser.

Guest Fishtank

there's only a handful of movies I walked out of and several DVDs I've turned off but I wont mention those

Napoleon Dynamite (I spent the whole movie wondering what was supposed to be funny)

The Thin Red Line (a boring mess)

Babel (another snooozefest)

Star Wars episode II (just lame)

and I fell asleep during Gladiator, the only time I've fallen asleep in a theater

grizzly man is a fucking fantastic film. It made me laugh and cry at the same time and I left feeling like I had experienced both man and animal as well as nature at their most extremes. I'm am a dolt and Werner Herzog has more talent and creativity in his fingernail than I could ever dream of containing in my pathetic faculties.

i feel your pain. i was in a massive state of hysteria anticipating this film

and it just didn't quite do its justice. i was still entertained though. i would

not go as far as to say it was bad if put against truly bad films that i have seen,

but in herzog territory i give it low marks.

did you see 'Lessons of Darkness' Dr lopez? a very visually striking and

thought provoking film by herzog. subtle narration and beautiful

music's with fly-over documentation of the aftermath

of the iraq war. stunning.

i will now watch the original rescue dawn :smile:

there's only a handful of movies I walked out of and several DVDs I've turned off but I wont mention those

Napoleon Dynamite (I spent the whole movie wondering what was supposed to be funny)

The Thin Red Line (a boring mess)

Babel (another snooozefest)

Star Wars episode II (just lame)

and I fell asleep during Gladiator, the only time I've fallen asleep in a theater

woe :mellow:

the other's i enjoyed.

but i would agree on Star Wars episode II .

1 and 2 were just sucking snotty snivel drivel.

did you see 'Lessons of Darkness' Dr lopez? a very visually striking and

thought provoking film by herzog. subtle narration and beautiful

music's with fly-over documentation of the aftermath

of the iraq war. stunning.

i will now watch the original rescue dawn :smile:

WTF I agree with Troon? Somebody b7 me

i suppose that's somewhat the point.

The best explanation I can come up with is that Napoleon Dynamite hit the rural middle america nerve for me. Its portrayal of that suburban life was so perfect, (the couple who really want the yacht decor when they buy the tupperware, the presence of tetherball and lanyards, goodwill....) it all just added up to an immense pastoral portrait in a sad way. And thats the idea behind the movie: a case study in losers. complete losers. Every character in that movie is utterly pathetic, yet in their own unique way. For me the movie was too close to home (not my house but certainly my town and state) for it not to be funny, and when you add a large absurdist deadpan streak (the time machine subplot, the throwing of fruit, kip's girlfriend) to me it makes a absolutely hysterical movie.

I can see how people were put off by it. It made a huge merchandising splash, and suddenly it seemed cool to be hatin on Napoleon, as quotes and t shirts were commonplace in 04. My hope is that in a couple of years people realize what a truly excellent movie this is.

Archived