IGNORED

My wife loves me

OneToThirtySix

She bought me an actual physical copy of the Peel Sessions for my birthday. She doesn't like BoC hardly at all, so she knows practically nothing about what their releases have on them, so she spent six bucks buying a three-track, live mini-album from amazon that she could have downloaded for half the price at the same place.

I think I'll keep her.

I was a hair's breadth away from not telling her that she could have bought the mp3 album and I wouldn't have minded, but I figured it's better to be honest. I told her that for most of the independent releases or EPs, I don't mind not getting a disc or cover art, so she knows for next time. However, when it comes to a release with ten or more tracks on it, I DO want the disc for sure.

She doesn't like BoC hardly at all,

what the fuck

:huh:

Some people don't like it. She likes lyrics, and mostly pop artists with radio hits. She, um, also said that listening to BoC is like having someone try to sneak into your brain, and she doesn't like that either, and knowing that they've played around with subliminal audio doesn't help that opinion much. I didn't marry her for her taste in music, but she knows that BoC is something I hold in high regard.

She doesn't like BoC hardly at all,

what the fuck

:huh:

Some people don't like it. She likes lyrics, and mostly pop artists with radio hits. She, um, also said that listening to BoC is like having someone try to sneak into your brain, and she doesn't like that either, and knowing that they've played around with subliminal audio doesn't help that opinion much. I didn't marry her for her taste in music, but she knows that BoC is something I hold in high regard.

yeah, quite a lot of people don't class it as music unless it has singing in it.

funny to say that BoC music "creeps into your head". the whole imagery with children doesn't really help there. Boards of Canada - the paedophile of hip-hop

I used to think along those lines, but I realise now I know next to noone irl with particularly similar taste to mine. In terms of women, similar tastes in music is now very low on the agenda. Gotta be realistic.

Don't get me wrong, that's still really important for me too. At the same time though I've dropped my standards. I wasn't suggesting you weren't being realistic, just that I have to be with myself as I' get older and based on my circumstances and people I know, if you know what I mean?

funny to say that BoC music "creeps into your head".

No, not "the music creeps into your head", she described it as feeling like someone was trying to get into her brain.

She sounds like an awesome lady if she got that for you on her own though

She is.

lol I wasn't serious man

that said I'm not sure if I could marry someone who didn't have similar music taste, or at least a similar appreciation of music.

She likes music, and I've turned her on to Bibio (which I think is incidental, since she loves Iron & Wine, and both of them have similar elements), but she puts more stock in lyric than I do now.

Guest Calx Sherbet

i quite like lyrics also, but i never really care what they mean. i just like knowing them and memorising them. .

i find that description of heading creeping fascinating, that's so....weird. but it makes sense. mostly for geogaddi(i think this is their strangest work), but other stuff? what BoC tunes was she referring to?

i quite like lyrics also, but i never really care what they mean. i just like knowing them and memorising them. .

i find that description of heading creeping fascinating, that's so....weird. but it makes sense. mostly for geogaddi(i think this is their strangest work), but other stuff? what BoC tunes was she referring to?

None in particular, just the general sense. She tolerates The Campfire Headphase, since it has the most accessible sound I think, and is much less densely layered. Music Has... and Geogaddi are where she usually brings it up. She usually sighs a little bit and changes the track on the mp3 player if I start one of those albums.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I don't want to have to make a separate thread about this, so does anyone know where the new vocal samples in Aquarius (Version 3) are from (the vocalizing in the background before 3 minutes, and the "I'm listening" sample after 3 minutes)?

Guest Spittal

My girlfriend doesn't really like BoC...

but what she really hates is when I try to play it at parties and every one just is like "What the fuck? where did the Kanye West go!?!?!?! All I hear is noise!"

I've really gotta stop trying to play my music at parties.

P.s.

I was playing Left 4 Dead 2 yesterday, and some one had the Trans Canada Highway cover as their display picture, I commented on it saying I loved BoC... Then I got kicked from the game.

My girlfriend doesn't really like BoC...

but what she really hates is when I try to play it at parties and every one just is like "What the fuck? where did the Kanye West go!?!?!?! All I hear is noise!"

I've really gotta stop trying to play my music at parties.

I can only seem to get away with Chinook

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

my girlfriend bought me an opeth boxset and laughed at boards of canada.

You forgot to add, "through her black lipstick as her muscular, tattooed forearm twisted the handle behind a skull that served as a knuckle guard on her lowrider motorcycle, and she sped away while her hair, black as the deadliest night, lashed viciously at the leather vest on her back."

that cost me €7.99 in HMV

that's a shit christmas present

it doesn't even have XYZ

lol! (its the thought that counts though, right? gf goes into record store, peruses boc section, picks up cheapest release, heads to counter, job done)

Archived