IGNORED

The Most IDM Video EVAR

Joyrex

Started off nice, and was in sync with the beats, then it lost the plot pretty quickly repeating itself too much.

YES - I forgot about that Adult Swim Bumper... they made some really good ones back in the day. There was a Clark one that was nice too.

Started off nice, and was in sync with the beats, then it lost the plot pretty quickly repeating itself too much.

YES - I forgot about that Adult Swim Bumper... they made some really good ones back in the day. There was a Clark one that was nice too.

I agree, but it's still more fun to listen to a song when there's a video with it, in my opinion that is.

That F-Train one is pretty sick, haha.

Also, that plyPhon video is amazing.

Joyrex, you say Gantz Graf hasn't got a human quality, but in my eyes it's the most human IDM tune and vid out there.

I mean, humanity is innately chaotic and unpredictable with shots of beauty here and there. Sometimes it's unbearably difficult and other times it just fits into place perfectly. Then at the end you just fizzle away into nothing. In some ways Gantz Graf and the video are perfect metaphors for humanity.

What you're saying is you'd rather have watery images to go with bubbly sounds. Which is fair enough, but it makes me think of those toys you had as a kid with the robot voice saying "WHAT GOES.... MOO" and you have to press the picture of a cow.

Joyrex, you say Gantz Graf hasn't got a human quality, but in my eyes it's the most human IDM tune and vid out there.

I mean, humanity is innately chaotic and unpredictable with shots of beauty here and there. Sometimes it's unbearably difficult and other times it just fits into place perfectly. Then at the end you just fizzle away into nothing. In some ways Gantz Graf and the video are perfect metaphors for humanity.

What you're saying is you'd rather have watery images to go with bubbly sounds. Which is fair enough, but it makes me think of those toys you had as a kid with the robot voice saying "WHAT GOES.... MOO" and you have to press the picture of a cow.

Yes, but unlike nature, the "machine" depicted in the GG video is cold, and harsh, with sharp lines and edges. It even moves like an engine of sorts, very rhythmic and repetitious. Alex Rutterford even likened it to a machine of sorts in interviews at the time.

And I do think artificial things can have natural tendencies, but ultimately, it's still not truly alive.

Fucking hell, I'm starting to sound like Troon...

Gantz Graf is so IDM, it doesn't even have to say it's IDM.

Like Hipsters. If you walk up to them and call them hipsters, they go "what?"

If you asked Gantz Graf if it was IDM it'd just stare at you...

Archived