IGNORED

EOD tracks that disappear

acidphakist

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ZeroHour

Unless EOD has a problem, I'll do it today in a huge ass zip, then megaupload it. Is that cool everyone? Will that do, you late to the party bung bitches?

that would be sweet bro :ok:

"creative use of mixers, send channels, mixer routing, my own links,

setups, amps, all of it.

i sometimes send channels/machines to amplifiers/cabinets, via rooms

and into mics for room reverb. sometimes via send channels.

real room reverb is the best reverb attainable in my opinion."

His stuff sounds nice besides lacking that certain aphex melencholy, but its still a day late and a dollar short after Analord. Aphex's next album will reinvent a new style and other copy cat artists will scramble to imitate (granted through inspiration or personal challenge). I don't want to sound mean I'm just wondering what the motives are when people make music. To be unique? To explore unknown territory or to add more of the same. Anyway, I enjoy EOD for what it is. Its good I guess.

have you considered the possibility of aphex reaching his musical maturity and running of ideas? possibly he just knows when to quit when hes ahead of the game.

and also, the only real motive is to make the best music in the world. everyone has their own specific taste, and only you can truely exploit your own.

No I haven't considered that just yet. In my opinion yes. Its all just opinion. People said the same thing before drukqs. He lost it. Its over. I can sense people want fresh meat in the 'scene'. Can't blame them. I just know when something blows my mind. When I soil my pants something is sooo good and Im hitting rewind and repeat half out of fear and half out of pure pleasure. Not just good. Granted, good is a great thing to accomplish. If rich hadn't played some amazing tracks in his live sets that I haven't heard before, ie, there is more coming down the pipe, then maybe I would consider the idea that he has run out of steam. Maybe when he hits his mid 40's when we all seem to turn into big dorks. We'll see.

hes good, didn't shit myself, but hes good. Just don't like being the person that craps on someones hard work. Its too easy to do on the internet. Pass judgement, talk shit.

i would like to hear his stuff in one big playlist. i've only heard a handful of his tracks and i remember thinking they were better than most of Analord at the time.

by the way , has anyone heard Not Breathing's new album? I don't want to make a post dedicated to it like Chaosmachine did for LAst step (which admittedly changed my mind about that LP, its pretty good) , but i think it's a pretty awesome addition to the new analog music resurgence , it impaled me on multiple levels of aural enjoyment

2008 - 'Laquarto and Perky' is the name of the LP

have you considered the possibility of aphex reaching his musical maturity and running of ideas? possibly he just knows when to quit when hes ahead of the game.

and also, the only real motive is to make the best music in the world. everyone has their own specific taste, and only you can truely exploit your own.

what you said, indeed, could be quite relevant, but my thoughts are he's just reached a point where he makes music that he actually has fun, or enjoys doing, regardless of whether of not it's something amazing or groundbreaking. It just seems he's doing what he fancies as he obviously doesn't need to pander to any audience, since people will at least give a try to whatever he puts out. And pretty much that always seems to go over pretty well. I wasn't really feeling analord at first, but then when chosen lords came out and it was just a well selected mix, i completely changed my view on the whole analord thing and crying in your face and a few others off those albums have become some of my pinnacle afx tracks :)

Archived