IGNORED

what are you getting everyone for christmas

Guest tht tne

mom'n'dad: augie doggie and doggy daddy complete series on dvd-r (lol)

nana'n'papa: starbucks christmas blend coffee (1/2 pound regular, 1/2 pound decaf)

hannah'n'ashley: $50 each cash

gavin: delicatessen and la cité des enfants perdus on dvd

jenny: la belle et la bête criterion collection restored edition

My parents always get me to make a big list so that I won't know what I'm getting specifically.

Its always sunny in Philadelphia seasons 1&2 box set

Probably a big handful of Ae albums as I have yet to complete my collection beyond Incunabula, Amber, and Draft 7.30

Probably some sort of back massager because my back knots drive me fucking bonkers

I wont list clothes and shit though

Probably getting Borderlands, should I get it on 360 or PC?

Also some clothes and shit but I won't bother you folks with that.

Guest placidburp

My parents always get me to make a big list so that I won't know what I'm getting specifically.

Probably a big handful of Ae albums as I have yet to complete my collection beyond Incunabula, Amber, and Draft 7.30

Probably some sort of back massager because my back knots drive me fucking bonkers

You're doing it wrong...

You're doing it wrong...

Argh fuck you're 100% right :facepalm:

Usually I only get stuff for my parents and brother and sister. This year I've been in a crazy financial rut and both of my parents have asked me not to get them anything as a result because I literally don't have a penny to my name right now.

My brother and sister are dead broke as well so we agreed we would do a gift exchange in January or February when we all have a bit of money.

i got my dad some good steak knives, my mom i want to get something really nice because she deserves something nice, maybe a nice necklace, my brother i made him a t shirt out of a mspaint drawing and some triforce cufflinks, my niece i got her a stuffed monkey that triples as a pillow and a blanket, my wife, alls i got her right now is a glass beaker coffee mug, it looks all sciencey because she's really sciencey and is working in a lab right now.

Guest placidburp

Dad - Wireless mouse for his laptop & a Really nice Diary/planner thing.

Mum - Fuck all...or maybe a bottle of Baileys.

Sister + Husband - probably £20 in their card.

2 Nieces - Toys and money I think.

Secret Santee - It's a secret...

Everyone else - YOU GET NOTHING!!!!

Guest Coalbucket PI

I don't know........ I'm starting to worry about it. I only need to worry about my parents and brother. For my friends I can always get them a book or film or music that I think they would like but that doesn't really work for my family. Probably get some clothing for my brother, he usually likes my choices I think. Maybe the same for my dad, but he's kind of a gift idea black hole anyway and he knows it so he doesn't expect to get anything he wants. My mum... I just don't know anymore. She likes it if i give her a painting or drawing or something gay like that but I don't have time to make anything.

my parents told me numerous times to get them nothing. that being said i'll probably buy a bottle of scotch for my day to go along with the picture frames and magnets my gf made for, basically, my mom. and i'll top that off with cooking a nice meal. last year, in stead of buying gifts, me and my sister and her fiance cooked christmas dinner for the family. it was fucking awesome.

the rest is really a secret.

Mom: Not sure yet... something materialist I'm sure

Dad: His computer died so I sold him my new laptop for cheaps as an xmas gift

Brother: I gave him $100 the other day to help fund his auto repair bills

Girlfriend: an assortment of vintage watches and watch bands

Gram 'n' Gramps: Gift certificate to the movies plus the yearly Goffer family portrait

nothing. maybe some food for my house because I have food stamps.

i get food stamps too but i only get $16 monthly because i'm also getting ssdi

food stamps

food stamps

wow, I'm really surprised they even bother. I'm probably qualified for ssdi but I'm hesitant to jump through all the hoops.

food stamps

wow, I'm really surprised they even bother. I'm probably qualified for ssdi but I'm hesitant to jump through all the hoops.

ssdi is social security disability insurance; do you have a disability, or are you thinking of ssi (supplemental security income?)

ssdi is pretty hard to get but if you have a disability and you get a lawyer you stand a good chance i got it on my second attempt

Archived