IGNORED

Did animal collective sample ae?

jules

Similar, but I don't think it's sampled. Reminds me of the sample accusation of Guns N' Roses ripping of Ulrich Schnauss, where the opening synths are very similar.

I just know Animal Collective sampled Grateful Dead track recently.

Similar, but I don't think it's sampled. Reminds me of the sample accusation of Guns N' Roses ripping of Ulrich Schnauss, where the opening synths are very similar.

I just know Animal Collective sampled Grateful Dead track recently.

yea, that song is on the same ep

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

the guns n roses ulrich sample was really obvious. what the fuck are you talking about?

Guest camoqp

In what song did they sample Grateful Dead? I'm not familiar with much GD but I've been enjoying AC's Fall Be Kind EP so I'm just curious.

What Would I Want? Sky.

In what song did they sample Grateful Dead? I'm not familiar with much GD but I've been enjoying AC's Fall Be Kind EP so I'm just curious.

Yea, What would I want? Sky. In the song he actually says "woah I walk" then "sky" at a different part of the song and they just cut it up so it sounds like "what would I want sky", great track.

Doesn't sound like they sampled Autechre but really similar, well spotted

I don't hear a sample at all. As much as I love animal collective, their sampling seems to be pretty heavy handed and simple, turning that into I Think I Can would require so much intricate work, detail, time etc to make it sound like something COMPLETELY different like I Think I Can.

Also I think the question should be more like did they sample Plaid :P

And even more mysterious... did Plaid even sample Vletrmx? It doesn't even sound like they listened to the original version. I forgot about that in the glory days of IDM it was a trend to make remixes that sounded NOTHING like the original...

that was different - they were exactly the same

Sorry I worded that wrong, that was obviously sampled. G'n'R probably thought they'd get away with it, the bastards. They were as arrogant as Timbaland when he stole the melody of that Finnish chiptune artist, Janne Suni.

I meant the say the animal collective/AE one is just similar in that the opening was what was in question. But yeah, I stand corrected, GNR definately sampled w/out permission.

I'm still not sure how anyone involved in chinese democracy was aware of schnauss's music

wasnt there like 1000 people involved in that shitshow?

I forgot about that in the glory days of IDM it was a trend to make remixes that sounded NOTHING like the original...

Autechre's remix of Skinny Puppy's Killing Game was awesome in that way.

If I recall properly that was because they didn't like the original... I read an interview and they answered a question about why sometimes their remixes are so different, they said something along the lines of, when the original source material is really good, they like to stick with it more.

I forgot about that in the glory days of IDM it was a trend to make remixes that sounded NOTHING like the original...

Autechre's remix of Skinny Puppy's Killing Game was awesome in that way.

If I recall properly that was because they didn't like the original... I read an interview and they answered a question about why sometimes their remixes are so different, they said something along the lines of, when the original source material is really good, they like to stick with it more.

like the fabled aphex lemonheads remix where he compressed the whole song into a snare hit?

Archived