IGNORED

Haitian Earthquake

Redruth

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how hilarious is that?

great pic Atop that shit is funny.

god natural disasters are fucking crazy funny!!

let's make more jokes about how poor Haiti is guyz!!! cmon for the LOLs!

alright im done with that im fucking disgusting myself

that guy on the left looks like part of his head is cut off...jesus....

one of my friends at work is haitian...wonder if her family is ok..

It's lulz, and I don't think Atop was trying to be funny in this case. He posted the horror of the situation.

Comedy though, makes light of certain issues because if you get too caught up in the nightmarish-ness of ANY situation, you will go mad. I know I'm wording that terribly, thereby what I say doesn't sound very well argued, but I think you know what I mean. Peace BROTHER.

It's lulz, and I don't think Atop was trying to be funny in this case. He posted the horror of the situation.

Comedy though, makes light of certain issues because if you get too caught up in the nightmarish-ness of ANY situation, you will go mad. I know I'm wording that terribly, thereby what I say doesn't sound very well argued, but I think you know what I mean. Peace BROTHER.

don't talk to me anymore plz.

plz put me on ignore. thank you. i cannot suffer you any longer.

oh look, another 'casually' rascist post from ezkerraldean

if only the forum had a rule about hate speech and a report button

yes, that's exactly what this forum needs, more censorship. "Hate speech"? What are you, the naacp? It's simple, even if an example of pure, unadulterated hate speech shows up on dear watmm, why not just ignore it? The community is a self-correcting organism; if someone says something glaringly racist I'm sure others will call him to task. It's not like we run the risk of racism spreading like a virus throughout watmm. And really, it seems silly to me that people have such thin skins re: anti-black comments. There are several examples of "gingers disgust me" spread around the forum, but I don't see people up in arms to stop ginger hate.

Guest analogue wings
if someone says something glaringly racist I'm sure others will call him to task

im sorry i thought that was exactly what was happening

Guest analogue wings

yes, that's exactly what this forum needs, more censorship.

it seems silly to me that people have such thin skins

yeah cos equating forum moderation with censorship isn't thin-skinned.

newsflash: wattum isn't a country, it's a piece of private property whose owners can edit it in any way they see fit.

look, im not trying to be the PC police or anything, but honestly id rather hear that type of shit from the 5 year old brats on Xbox live...at least then I can understand their ignorance.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

That thought process actually makes a lot more rational sense in my opinion than OH GAWD YOU CAN NEVER MAKE JOKES ABOUT ABOUT AN EXTREMELY NEGATIVE SITUATION YOUR A HORRIBLE PERSON

This is NOT random user 4chan, we can expect the majority of people while many have a randy raw "proper fucked" sense of humor, 97% of us here are of a slightly higher than post puberty maturity level. Even if they don't always make that obviously clear. So I think its really dumb to assume the same level of comprehension as some random who posts on 4chan for instance.

Making a joke about something terrible and trying to not let a negative situation become even more negatively pronounced on your attitude and possibly those you communicate with as well isn't saying they don't understand, respect or deeply care about the situation.

Lighten the fuck up dudes. The world is a fucked up cruel place, everyday people are brutally tortured, murdered, raped, stricken with adversity not dealt the cards they deserve. If you follow this perspective that you have to be politically correct and mourn atrocities so seriously than you would be miserable every minute of your life given full commit to your said ethics.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to get across and people lighten up a bit. Watmm's community has had and is still more than capable of reading between the lines and understanding things on a more dynamic level than black and white moral comprehension.

That thought process actually makes a lot more rational sense in my opinion than OH GAWD YOU CAN NEVER MAKE JOKES ABOUT ABOUT AN EXTREMELY NEGATIVE SITUATION YOUR A HORRIBLE PERSON

This is NOT random user 4chan, we can expect the majority of people while many have a randy raw "proper fucked" sense of humor, 97% of us here are of a slightly higher than post puberty maturity level. Even if they don't always make that obviously clear. So I think its really dumb to assume the same level of comprehension as some random who posts on 4chan for instance.

Making a joke about something terrible and trying to not let a negative situation become even more negatively pronounced on your attitude and possibly those you communicate with as well isn't saying they don't understand, respect or deeply care about the situation.

Lighten the fuck up dudes. The world is a fucked up cruel place, everyday people are brutally tortured, murdered, raped, stricken with adversity not dealt the cards they deserve. If you follow this perspective that you have to be politically correct and mourn atrocities so seriously than you would be miserable every minute of your life given full commit to your said ethics.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to get across and people lighten up a bit. Watmm's community has had and is still more than capable of reading between the lines and understanding things on a more dynamic level than black and white moral comprehension.

i think its moreso in the vein that the "jokes" here weren't even funny to begin with, and because its humor at its darkest, most irreverent (and therefore by default being the easiest to create), yet pallid.

This is why I don't give a shit about Howard Stern. Intelligent, yes? no doubt, but he's fucking BORING. not funny.

I was honestly hoping for this to be some sort of quazi-news update thread, but that was thrown immediately out the window. it is my fault though, i expect too much from this place sometimes.

yes, that's exactly what this forum needs, more censorship.

it seems silly to me that people have such thin skins

yeah cos equating forum moderation with censorship isn't thin-skinned.

newsflash: wattum isn't a country, it's a piece of private property whose owners can edit it in any way they see fit.

jesus are you working for joyrex? every time someone gets banned, says something that pisses papa off or anything vaguely offensive happens, you come out of the shadows and remind us that watmm is PRIVATE PROPERTY. it's free to register. we're free to speak about whatever we want. if someone makes a joke, and it isn't funny because it's racist, let it die. they will feel shame. but they should be able to take a chance that the joke will fly with people.

im gonna narc it into oblivion though. that's my right as an asshole.

edit: im going to say that this is a joke, as i feel that not many people are getting me lately

oh look, another 'casually' rascist post from ezkerraldean

if only the forum had a rule about hate speech and a report button

yes, that's exactly what this forum needs, more censorship. "Hate speech"? What are you, the naacp? It's simple, even if an example of pure, unadulterated hate speech shows up on dear watmm, why not just ignore it? The community is a self-correcting organism; if someone says something glaringly racist I'm sure others will call him to task. It's not like we run the risk of racism spreading like a virus throughout watmm. And really, it seems silly to me that people have such thin skins re: anti-black comments. There are several examples of "gingers disgust me" spread around the forum, but I don't see people up in arms to stop ginger hate.

not to mention almost constant uses of "chinamen" or any kind of racist/inflammatory comments toward asians.

Guest analogue wings

if someone makes a joke, and it isn't funny because it's racist, let it die. they will feel shame. but they should be able to take a chance that the joke will fly with people.

It was messaien that complained about the racist joke. I was just letting him know that he has options that dont involve posting in the thread and getting trolled by dicks.

not to mention almost constant uses of "chinamen" or any kind of racist/inflammatory comments toward asians.

I think I used chink, gook, and nip all in one post once. I'm glad it was either ignored or seen as the the weak attempt at humor that it was.

For the record, I consider Asians no different than anyone else, even the diabolically evil ones.

Archived