IGNORED

Haitian Earthquake

Redruth

Haitian Earthquake disaster has left an already struggling country in complete and utter devastation! :sad:

BBC BBC #2 reports:

Haiti's Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive says he believes more than 100,000 people may

have been killed by Tuesday's 7.0-magnitude earthquake. Bodies have been piled up along

the rubble-strewn streets of the capital, Port-au-Prince. Among the buildings destroyed

was the headquarters of the UN mission in the city. The Red Cross estimates that

tens of thousands are in need of urgent assistance.

haiti_map.gif

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

boy am i glad I don't live THERE. I don't think my studio would have survived such a direct hit.

yes i do say old bean, capital that i wasnt vacationing in my dominican estates at the time lest i be forced to bear witness to my gigantic piles of money becoming disheveled and unorganised.

Guest Enter a new display name

The haitian community is very big in Montreal, so I obviously know many haitian people in my town. I am really sorry for what happened in their country.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I'm playing the new PS3 exclusive "(Haitian) Quake 2010"

so insensitive, pretty sure this is ban worthy, get on it Joyrex

sometimes i think about the structures we live in and it seems as though we

are not preparing ourselves very well for large earthquakes. it used to be when we

lived in tipi's and yurts that we did not have to worry about earthquakes very much.

now that we live in bricks, concrete metal, glass and stone,

we die horrible deaths inside these traps.

we must change this.

my heart goes out to the haitian people who are suffering and in pain.

i hope that all who have the means will rise up and help to build

a new haiti from the rubble of what has not worked in the past.

hopefully haiti will rebuilt on organic agriculture,

true freedom and love for all living things,

nurturing and expanding of ecosystems and will build simple

structures for housing.

a new beginning is a chance to

learn from the past. it's a shame that there needed to

be so much blood though :sad:

what a terrible disaster. would pray for those involved if i believed in that sort of thing.

but anyways, yet another horribly insensitive and ludicrous comment by america's favorite televangelist, pat robertson:

Robertson: Haiti 'Cursed' by 'Pact to the Devil'

what an evil piece of trash. somebody needs to get this guy totally out of the media for good. don't need ignorance like this spreading to others

are not preparing ourselves very well for large earthquakes. it used to be when we

lived in tipi's and yurts that we did not have to worry about earthquakes very much.

we must change this.

structures for housing.

dude, people in haiti live in wooden huts and eat mud because they've got no other source of nutrition. they're pretty fucking organic.

the earth is the problem. they've got mountains to worry about, tsunamis, hurricanes, mudslides... every time they rebuild, it all collapses again. it doesn't matter if they live in huts (actually more dangerous because they're guaranteed to collapse).

perhaps if they had sturdier infrastructure, like most buildings in california, which are subjected to a lot of the same stresses and rarely topple, they would be more prosperous.

Guest ezkerraldean

structures for housing.

lol, 100000 people just died because they all lived in simple structures

hoodie's right

The haitian community is very big in Montreal, so I obviously know many haitian people in my town. I am really sorry for what happened in their country.

Never met a Haitian so I suppose I'm glad it happened.

Yet you approved of it by posting a witty affirmation when he initially did it. FAIL

we must change this.

structures for housing.

dude, people in haiti live in wooden huts and eat mud because they've got no other source of nutrition. they're pretty fucking organic.

the earth is the problem. they've got mountains to worry about, tsunamis, hurricanes, mudslides... every time they rebuild, it all collapses again. it doesn't matter if they live in huts (actually more dangerous because they're guaranteed to collapse).

perhaps if they had sturdier infrastructure, like most buildings in california, which are subjected to a lot of the same stresses and rarely topple, they would be more prosperous.

Read what I underlined in what you wrote and stop and think about that and see if you come to any conclusions.

Yet you approved of it by posting a witty affirmation when he initially did it. FAIL

we must change this.

structures for housing.

Read what I underlined in what you wrote and stop and think about that and see if you come to any conclusions.

i meant that if haiti had buildings of a better quality, designed specifically with earthquakes and such in mind, natural disasters wouldn't completely destroy/pound/annihilate them all the time. however, getting buildings like that in the first place requires wealth. is that what you mean?

it would be more helpful if you just told me what you mean.

Guest Enter a new display name

No I mean I have to deal with their worries. You know it affects them so you don't feel indifferent to the disaster.

No I mean I have to deal with their worries. You know it affects them so you don't feel indifferent to the disaster.

I was kidding bro.

Fucked up shit.

we must change this.

structures for housing.

i meant that if haiti had buildings of a better quality, designed specifically with earthquakes and such in mind, natural disasters wouldn't completely destroy/pound/annihilate them all the time. however, getting buildings like that in the first place requires wealth. is that what you mean?

Yep. So you can't blame them for what happened - blame their government, corrupt politicians, etc.

Can't run before you learn to walk.

we must change this.

structures for housing.

Yep. So you can't blame them for what happened - blame their government, corrupt politicians, etc.

Can't run before you learn to walk.

yeah. but going a step further, their government and politicans are not entirely to blame either. foreign countries like the united states that still practice a form of colonialism by refusing to pay higher prices for things grown in haiti (i think the big one is sugarcane, might be wrong) cripple their already weak economy even further. it's a vicious cycle that leaves haiti fucked in any case. it's sad.

Guest analogue wings

dude, i'm serious. the vintage gear is touchy as is, and the tube gear surely would have smashed.

such a relief to hear your studio is safe.

you have vintage gear AND tube gear? wow, tell me more! are you single?

Archived