IGNORED

Haitian Earthquake

Redruth

blanket fort collapse please stop bringing pat robertson to our attention. his absolutely ludicrous thoughts are not even worth paying attention to. By any of us giving him the time of day, we are in some small way legitimizing his bullshit, when he should completely ignored.

I thought it was funny but I see where your coming from, I sorries

:beer: I'm just venting cause I heard him on NPR which is far more upsetting than loling at bullshit on WATMM. i sorries too

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel really bad for the people. It is very saddening to see catastrophes like this in Haiti and around the world.

I will say this, however, and that is that I wonder if any of the kidnappers, human traffickers, and gang lords that have dominated this region will be moved to give any of their monies gained by ransom, prositution or other means to help their own people that have been affected by this.

I think charitable organizations should send money regardless, but should also put out a challenge to these people to maybe match them dollar for dollar (of course they would not, but sometimes just saying something sends enough of a message)? I also think that the aid we send should be managed somehow, maybe through some presence we place inside Haiti, to ensure it doesn't just end up in the hands of these gangs and actually goes towards humanitarian aid.

Ok,Ok, I will match your dollar.

modern%20day%20%20pirates.jpg

Isn't Haiti the one where they deforested the whole island and are going to have to deal with mudslides and famine for the rest of eternity? Earthquake aside, they've already fucked themselves.

thats what i keep going on and on about. it's all in the teaching of how to change all that.

how to grow out their forests again into food forests.

i'm going to start another one of my project down there soon.

humbly i must state the fact that:

i'm not just some Bible freak...... i've got skills and wisdom to back my shit up.

Isn't Haiti the one where they deforested the whole island and are going to have to deal with mudslides and famine for the rest of eternity? Earthquake aside, they've already fucked themselves.

thats what i keep going on and on about. it's all in the teaching of how to change all that.

i'm not just some Bible freak...... i've got skills and wisdom to back my shit up.

(hi george)

ok...but: if topsoil's gone, trees don't come back. Look at Easter Island. They're just fucked, no?

(hi george)

ok...but: if topsoil's gone, trees don't come back. Look at Easter Island. They're just fucked, no?

the soil can be rebuilt.

with enough attention the whole experience for haiti could be

completely different. it's all in focusing in on the details of the how and doing it

in a very specific way that is within the framework of true creation and humans ability to

harness creative energy and nurture sicknesses with it.

it's all in the understanding, the obtaining of knowledge founded in the truth.

the knowledge they (naive people searching for power) don't want us to

have ...so that they can perpetuate capitalism. the only way economies

work in their model is if there is a shortage of things and people

have to buy them in order to survive. if they can keep the supply

of things running only through certain streams then they can

control who benefits from those steams of wealth.

right into their pockets

(same with the knowledge and themes which they want to keep forcing us to use, it's the same structure on that level to.)

abundance and true freedom are capitalism greatest enemy.

we must break the cycle.

Guest ezkerraldean

the soil can be rebuilt.

how do you suggest doing that? (actual answers preferred over vacuous metaphorical brainfarts)

the soil can be rebuilt.

how do you suggest doing that? (actual answers preferred over vacuous metaphorical brainfarts)

Biodynamics is a great model. a mixture of the wisdom in both food forestry and vegan based biodynamics would do it. (look um up)

basically you emulate the same process of how a forest develops and functions, nurturing the different layers, helping to recreate the soil composition.

this may take 10-20 years to achieve, no better time to start then now.

then there are the metaphysical, spiritual aspects and thats a whole other area to discuss.

After listening a bit about this on NPR, I thought about the economic conditions in Haiti before the tragedy occurred. I think the Haitians made this quake happen on purpose so other nations would give them foreign aid.

But I did have teh g/f donate 5$ on my behalf, as I don't have a credit card.

Guest analogue wings

oh look, another 'casually' rascist post from ezkerraldean

if only the forum had a rule about hate speech and a report button

:rtfm:

Racism

This is a big no-no. Violate this rule and we'll send you a private message,

warn and or ban you from this board. Racial discussions tend to start off innocently,

but tend to degenerate into the wrong kind of talk. Please be respectful of

the fact that many people from many countries and nationalities visit the site.

Just because somebody doesn't "act" like a certain ethnic group doesn't mean

they are not part of one. Use of ethnic slurs or epiteths are also

frowned upon, even when used in a non-confrontational manner.

If New Orleans is still pretty fucked up after Katrina, in comparison to before the hurricane, I don't see Haiti being able to recover from this anytime soon....

sad sad sad situation....

the earth will shake us all off, like the flea from the dog....

Guest analogue wings

:rtfm:

Racism

This is a big no-no. Violate this rule and we'll send you a private message,

warn and or ban you from this board. Racial discussions tend to start off innocently,

but tend to degenerate into the wrong kind of talk. Please be respectful of

the fact that many people from many countries and nationalities visit the site.

Just because somebody doesn't "act" like a certain ethnic group doesn't mean

they are not part of one. Use of ethnic slurs or epiteths are also

frowned upon, even when used in a non-confrontational manner.

PHEW now all we need is a report button

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

really?? that is considered cruel and disgustingly racist in 2k10? Everything I thought I knew is wrong, watmm really has changed.

Archived