IGNORED

Skinny Puppy - Killing Game (Bent Mix)

Guest Fishtank

That's fine and dandy, but this remix sucks donkey dick. It's a fact. The boys themselves hang their head in shame whenever they think about it.

Am I the only one who realises this is a half arsed remix? It even sounds pointless and lazy.

Plus it was mentioned in an interview that one of them just mashed it (in one take if I remember correctly) using one tool on some software. As I understand it, they were given fuck all to work with and instead just messed it up.

This isn't me defending them, it's a shit tune. (Not the original, I love the original)

that's basically what I was saying.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who realises this is a half arsed remix? It even sounds pointless and lazy.

Plus it was mentioned in an interview that one of them just mashed it (in one take if I remember correctly) using one tool on some software. As I understand it, they were given fuck all to work with and instead just messed it up.

They used Soundedit16, one of the early Mac swiss knives of audio software. Having used it myself in its heyday, I still think this remix is one of the most entertaining demos of the range of that software.

Even if I wasn't aware of how it was done... we just have to agree to disagree that it sounds pointless, because I don't think it does. To me, each effect hauls you into the next one. It keeps me interested for what will come next. And at other times the spasticity of it makes me laugh.

These days it's easier than it was when this was done to put one piece of audio through the wringer in a piece of software, but the thing is, unless you generate some kind of dynamic while you're splatting it, as they did in this, the result can be boring.

I am hardly saying it's brilliance, but for a brisk eff-up job, it totally works for me. The jokiness also seems pretty obvious, what with them calling it Dystemper -yknow, 'bad time', considering all the slithering forward and back and slow and fast and in reverse, etc. And I don't even read as much into Autechre track titles as a lot of people do, but this to me is one of the more obvious gags!

Guest Fishtank

I should mention that I had NOT heard Killing Game in its original context

in fact I never heard original versions of Rodent or Dogshit either when I got this

so this remix by itself, sucks and still does after I tried listening to it again more recently

I should mention that I had NOT heard Killing Game in its original context

in fact I never heard original versions of Rodent or Dogshit either when I got this

so this remix by itself, sucks and still does after I tried listening to it again more recently

The original Rodent and Killing Game are phenomenal tracks.

Guest Fishtank

I know, I've heard them recently

I was stating at the time of my first hearing Remix Dystemper

Yes I know, I was just expressing my enjoyment of the songs. :smile:

I know you know I was just restating the obvious :wtf:

let's talk about Ode to Groovy

this song is fucking terrible!!!

I can derail my own thread right?

I know, I've heard them recently

I was stating at the time of my first hearing Remix Dystemper

Yes I know, I was just expressing my enjoyment of the songs. :smile:

I know you know I was just restating the obvious :wtf:

I know you know but what do I know?! :crazy:

Ode to Groovy...I don't even remember what that song sounds like. I may have only heard it once.

i remember reading that they didn't care for the vocal in killing game. i like it, but i can see how some b boys, albeit weirdo genius b-boys, would find it lame or pretentious or something.

i know they have respect for a lot of puppy though. i bet if you asked them what they thought of most of vivisecVI they'd have a somewhat different opinion.

Guest Fishtank

so we agree

lets get back on topic

What would be a better song for Autechre to remix?

I would say

Shore Lined Poison or Hatekill

so we agree

lets get back on topic

I would say

they should have remixed the song download.

Guest Fishtank

so we agree

lets get back on topic

I would say

they should have remixed the song download.

or Bell Ringer by Download

Double Cross

yes

I'd love to hear them remix any SP or Download song. Can't ever tell whether it'll turn out good or not, but it would always be interesting to hear. Given they get proper files to work with this time, if that was actually a problem with Killing Game.

Given they get proper files to work with this time, if that was actually a problem with Killing Game.

yeah i'm not buyin that shit. I could do better with a 64kbs mp3 for god's sake.

Go on then

That's not a remix though. I want you to make a better remix with a 64kbs rip of Killing Game. I really believe you can do it. I'd rip it for you but my Last Rights disc has been stolen, can anyone oblige? sidewinder I'm sure you can

That's not a remix though. I want you to make a better remix with a 64kbs rip of Killing Game. I really believe you can do it. I'd rip it for you but my Last Rights disc has been stolen, can anyone oblige? sidewinder I'm sure you can

i think i have it here on my comp cuz i used to have the cd. if not i can find it. do you really want me to take it down to 64kbs? i guess i will if you want.

Fuck it, how about everyone contributes with a remix of Killing Game? The new WATMM album - "WATMM Remixes Skinny Puppy's Killing Game Because Autechre's Remix Was Shit Vol. 1"

Archived