IGNORED

Skinny Puppy - Killing Game (Bent Mix)

Guest Fishtank

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no it's like all they did was take a wav of killing game, and ran it through random fx in cool edit. the only good part is at the end when you actually hear a bit of the original, but more trippified. Seriously it's like 10 seconds. What a waste of a remix I'm sorry.

There are hints of the original throughout, but yeah the best part is definitely the last ~45 seconds. It's not a great remix, but I don't think it sucks either. It just doesn't really go anywhere, a bit unfulfilling. The entire remix album could have been much better, really.

That is a really ignorant thing to say. They are one of the forefathers of industrial and HUGELY influential in electronic music.

He didn't say that. He said the source material they got was crappy to work with. In the interview he says that SP are alright.

my first download on napster was the aphex remix of glass/bowie. prior to that i got "Gelk" of some site, taped from the peel session & before the release of the ep. i remember waiting like 16min before getting the track.

my first download on napster was the aphex remix of glass/bowie. prior to that i got "Gelk" of some site, taped from the peel session & before the release of the ep. i remember waiting like 16min before getting the track.

lol fuck

i remember trying to download all of saw2 using only kazaa and a dialup connection :facepalm:

Guest Fishtank

I remember buying this and thinking holy awesome SP and AE

but no

to me the song goes

build...build...build...build...

I taught the killing game first!

k done, sorry guys

then there's the Deftones mix

I love Deftones and was also anxious to hear this

but disappointed again

however the rest of the album is pretty damn good

especially the Dogshit remix

build...build...build...build...

I taught the killing game first!

k done, sorry guys

LOL

I forget what the Deftones remix sounded like. I ripped the disc last night so I could hear Killing Game again, will have to play the whole thing this weekend.

Remix Dystemper innit? I listened to that in HMV and hated virtually everything on it. Shame. I love SP.

Yeah there was another one that was MUCH better imo. I used to have the cd but after many moves i don't anymore...

I really like this remix. It gave me a big laugh when I first heard it and still does.

I don't really care what the original track was like. This isn't just because I'm ignorant of Skinny Puppy, but it's rarely something I care about with any remix, whether I like the original artist or not.

I suppose when I've heard both, if the remix is too lazily close to the original or samples great chunks of it verbatim, then I dis the remix. That's a boring approach. But otherwise, I'm more interested in whether the remix stands up on its own as something interesting. The cue to the remix doesn't have to be anything literal. It can be an emotion someone felt when they heard the orig, or anything. I like a more significant reworking than a less significant one.

I've remixed a bunch of tracks in different genres and I still would have trouble putting into words the process, it's a lot harder than talking about your totally original material. And I imagine on the reception end, people have vastly different ideas about what should or shouldn't constitute a remix.

I really like this remix. It gave me a big laugh when I first heard it and still does.

I don't really care what the original track was like. This isn't just because I'm ignorant of Skinny Puppy, but it's rarely something I care about with any remix, whether I like the original artist or not.

I suppose when I've heard both, if the remix is too lazily close to the original or samples great chunks of it verbatim, then I dis the remix. That's a boring approach. But otherwise, I'm more interested in whether the remix stands up on its own as something interesting. The cue to the remix doesn't have to be anything literal. It can be an emotion someone felt when they heard the orig, or anything. I like a more significant reworking than a less significant one.

I've remixed a bunch of tracks in different genres and I still would have trouble putting into words the process, it's a lot harder than talking about your totally original material. And I imagine on the reception end, people have vastly different ideas about what should or shouldn't constitute a remix.

th_congrats-1.gif

This is totally how I look at remixes as well. Partially because most artists I listen to remix stuff that doesn't sound an awful lot like IDM/electronic music, so the originals tend to sound like shit to my ears unless it was by another electronic artist.

That's fine and dandy, but this remix sucks donkey dick. It's a fact. The boys themselves hang their head in shame whenever they think about it.

Am I the only one who realises this is a half arsed remix? It even sounds pointless and lazy.

Plus it was mentioned in an interview that one of them just mashed it (in one take if I remember correctly) using one tool on some software. As I understand it, they were given fuck all to work with and instead just messed it up.

This isn't me defending them, it's a shit tune. (Not the original, I love the original)

Archived