IGNORED

Brittany Murphey dead

hexagon son

Guest ezkerraldean

why are yanks all on about 20 prescription medicines constantly? no wonder that shit keeps killing people. i haven't swallowed a pill for about 15 years.

why are yanks all on about 20 prescription medicines constantly? no wonder that shit keeps killing people. i haven't swallowed a pill for about 15 years.

Because weed is Illegal and (according to them) Immoral ..

Because weed is Illegal and (according to them) Immoral ..

The U.S. is a big place, there are a lot more people who smoke a LOT of weed than those who abuse prescription drugs in my experience.

there are a lot more people who smoke a LOT of weed than those who abuse prescription drugs in my experience.

This is completely untrue. You are looking at less than 1% in the United States who regularly use marijuana. As for prescription drugs:

While most illicit drug abuse, particularly for middle and high school teens, began to slow or actually decline in 2002 after a half a decade increase, abuse of prescription drugs continues to climb:

Over the past decade-and-a-half, the number of teen and young adult (ages 12 to 25) new abusers of prescription painkillers such as oxycodone (OxyContin) or hydrocodone (Vicodin) has grown five-fold (from 400,000 in the mid-eighties to 2 million in 2000).

New misusers of tranquilizers such as diazepam (Valium) or alprazolam (Xanax, called "zanies" by youth)-medicine normally used to treat anxiety or tension-went up nearly 50 percent in one year (700,000 in 1999 to 1 million in 2000).

More than 17 percent of adults over 60, wittingly or not, abuse prescription drugs.

In 2000, more than 19 million prescriptions for ADHD drugs were filled, a 72 percent increase since 1995. An estimated 3 to 5 percent of school-age children have ADHD. A study of students in Wisconsin and Minnesota showed 34 percent of ADHD youth age 11 to 18 report being approached to sell or trade their medicines, such as Ritalin.

Among 12- to 17-year-olds, girls are more likely than boys to use psychotherapeutic drugs nonmedically.

Archived