IGNORED

2010 Winter Olympics

chaosmachine

Guest uptowndevil

mens hockey starts today. the only thing worth watching since the fucking olympics bumps the nhl off of all the major networks up here. god damn it i hate the olympics. norway sucks.

yeah, that and some of the skiing/snowboarding are really the only worth while events. i imagine that Canada will take it, but it will be interesting to see who goes farther: Sweden or Russia

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mens hockey starts today. the only thing worth watching since the fucking olympics bumps the nhl off of all the major networks up here. god damn it i hate the olympics. norway sucks.

Dude isn't Norway the home of Black metal?

Guest Adjective

it would have been bad ass if they called it Cypress Hill instead of Cypress Mountain.

yet more proof that Canada is gayland.

I know someone that lives at the intersection of cypress hill lane and cypress hill court.

i'm watching live the women's alpine downhill skiing and the majority of them are falling/seriously injuring themselves on the last part of the track, there's this huge jump and the last person went like 90 feet high in the air, basically ski jumping, can't wait to watch the highlights where they show everyone wiping out in a row, it's really dangerous.

yeah i just saw that, she basically ski jumped and then hit a gate. the announcers sounded like two stoned snowboarders jsut off the hill, "OH MY GOD THAT WAS AWESOME! TOTALLY KILLER MAN! UNBELIEVABLE! JUST SICK!"

lol.

someone just fell again, definitely the worst one so far, she basically did a somersault mid-air and just flew HARD into the net off course, it looks like she hit some pipes or something as well, definitely the worst fall so far

Guest hahathhat

i was with a friend as he took his car to get a tire changed. i sat down in the waiting area and cracked open my book (fear and loathing on the campaign trail in '72). a tv blared nearby. i looked over and saw a bunch of chicks pushing comically large hocky pucks onto a giant dartboard. the fuck is that? what a load of toss. i wished someone would shut the TV off

call me when Olympic Darts are on

that's exclusive to the spring olympics

i still can't believe they showed that poor man's death so many times on national tv... i was watching a rebroadcast of some stuff and they (nbc) just hit me in the face with that video -- multiple times, some in slow motion and from different angles. i had to change it, i don't have much of a tolerance for violence in the real world (love me my hilarious horror gore, action, etc... so long as it's not real). it's flat disrespectful to the fella's family and speaks volumes as to what a network will do to bring in the extra viewers.

also i totally agree with previous posters -- why the fuck is vancouver hosting this? apparently unemployment is less than spectacular plus i heard something along the lines of a mental hospital closing, leaving hundreds (thousands?) of patients homeless... these, among other things, seem like issues that need to be addressed before flopping however many millions/billions/trillions (who knows what the scale is anymore, it's all meaningless) of dollars (even if they're phoney canadian ones) on what are, essentially, the white man olympics.

call me when Olympic Darts are on

that's exclusive to the spring olympics

i still can't believe they showed that poor man's death so many times on national tv... i was watching a rebroadcast of some stuff and they (nbc) just hit me in the face with that video -- multiple times, some in slow motion and from different angles. i had to change it, i don't have much of a tolerance for violence in the real world (love me my hilarious horror gore, action, etc... so long as it's not real). it's flat disrespectful to the fella's family and speaks volumes as to what a network will do to bring in the extra viewers.

also i totally agree with previous posters -- why the fuck is vancouver hosting this? apparently unemployment is less than spectacular plus i heard something along the lines of a mental hospital closing, leaving hundreds (thousands?) of patients homeless... these, among other things, seem like issues that need to be addressed before flopping however many millions/billions/trillions (who knows what the scale is anymore, it's all meaningless) of dollars (even if they're phoney canadian ones) on what are, essentially, the white man olympics.

i have to disagree with you there man, a lot of people like to hype up the 'problems' in vancouver and all the riots and stuff but provincially BC is doing fine, they had to makebudget cuts due to the economy, the olympics were planned far in advance before the economic recession, and a lot of stuff about homelessness gets hyped up in the media because it's one of the few places in canada that the homeless can survive year round so there are a lot more of them there

also major LOL at 'white man olympics'

canada vs sweden, womens hockey

about 11 minutes left in the second period, score is now 11-0.

canada shouldn't even have to play, they should automatically be given the gold. they are just toying with all the teams they play.

Archived