IGNORED

2010 Winter Olympics

chaosmachine

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was on msnbc watching a report on the death thing, then flipped over to some chick singing Oh canada, in a pretty good way for that sort of thing i sort (no i didn't want to boink her). But then they wheeled out some natives who started praying to the earth mother or something so i turned off.

only just watched the beginning of the open ceremony and it was a snore-fest. i really wanted something more from it. pacing was just really slow, but the olympic torch was a giant bong so it's understandable.

I think it's more a question of how much money they paid to the IOC to have it. After the first round of voting, Vancouver was behind South Korea's bid by 11 votes. They won by 3 votes after the second round.

only just watched the beginning of the open ceremony and it was a snore-fest. i really wanted something more from it. pacing was just really slow, but the olympic torch was a giant bong so it's understandable.

HAH, the torch looked like like a scaled up feature of something that you'd find passing by on a float, whilst attending a harvest day parade in the main street of some small agricultural town. Replete with aluminium foil over the legs of the torch. It was this ghastly misshapen blob of a thing, thrown together for some purpose, that only the float committee and those that worked on it could divine.

I wonder what the float represented, oh yeah that's right it was the olympics. OH, .. Canada !!

well, it's pretty certain that the vancouver olympics will be an economical failure.

fuck yeah. the shenanigans that they pulled off to get this in under "Olymbic budget" while meeting IOC requirements are fucking outstanding examples of bureaucratic virtuosity.

In a sense that actually taints a sport in my opinion. Being the best at a sport that only about 1 in a 1000 children could afford to practice isn't anywhere near the achievement of being the best footballer or basketball player.

It's a bit like when you read the guiness book of records and someone has the record for swallowing sheep eyeballs. I'm exaggerating but you know what i'm saying...

that guy made a pretty IDM sound on his way out

the lugerist ?

Please don't sample it and make a song dedicated to his honour. plus i didn't watch the clip, squeemish little girly man right here.

As for the posh dicks getting medals thing, totally agree. Adds sailing, anything involving an horse, rowing. And on and on.

Archived