IGNORED

2010 Winter Olympics

chaosmachine

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I don't know, I think one of the reasons why rent is so cheap in Montreal is because the olympics fucked the city up, so maybe the same thing can happen there?

is that cause of all the people from hong kong that moved there, driving up real estate. or did i miss something ??

////////////////////////

anyway, i think it's great that nature is raining on their parade. it's a salient counterpoint to the US right wing pundits having an anti-climate change jizz fest over the US snowstorms.

it would be great, cause then I could afford to move out of this lousy basement suite in the suburbs, but if the recession we just went through didn't even dent the housing market, I'm not sure the Olympics are gonna have much effect.

On an actual sports related note, the Canadian women's hockey team beat Slovakia 18-0. Now that sounds pretty bad, but keep in mind the Slovakian team had beaten Bulgaria 82-0 in some form of warm-up match or something....lol 82-0. It's like a harlem globetrotters score.

82-0 in women's hockey? lol holy shit.

Apparently the Bulgarian team had only gotten skates like two weeks before the game. I think the slovak coach said something like the game should never have happened.

is there some place i can watch this shit online? nbc has streaming but only for cable subscribers and ninjavideo has a handful, anyone know anywhere else i can get decent quality olympics?

you're in US right?

try this site My link. This site has basically all the UK freeview channels live. BBC2 is showing a fair bit of the olympics.

only works in UK....

82-0 in women's hockey? lol holy shit.

Apparently the Bulgarian team had only gotten skates like two weeks before the game. I think the slovak coach said something like the game should never have happened.

highlights are the beginning, 32 seconds in, and 51 seconds. it's like watching peewee hockey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQW0LNc6yDo

I'm going to the Men's Hockey game tomorrow, Canada VS Norway. I did nothing to deserve these tickets but I'll be damned if I'm not going to enjoy a hockey game for the first time in my life.

Archived