IGNORED

if you were going to space and could only take 12 songs

MAXIMUS MISCHIEF

Hmmm. This is really hard. But I guess if I had but 1 min to decide before I embarked on my journey I would grab these.

1 1969 Boards of Canada

2 Cliffs Aphex Twin

3 Teardrops Aelksi Perala

4 Flim Aphex Twin

5 Flutter Autechre

6 Xtal Aphex Twin

7 Windowlicker Aphex Twin

8 Dawn Chorus Boards Of Canada

9 The Hopeless Pursuit of Remission Venetian Snares

10 Integraation Venetian Snares

11 IZ-US Aphex Twin

12 Rushup i bank 12

I guess these are mainly songs I couldn't imagine my self living with out. Its so hard though cause I like sooo many. CURSE YOU!

Guest Masonic Boom

12 SONGS? Not even albums but just songs?

Where's that thread we did last week about songs that are all over 20 minutes?

Lindstrom - Where You Go I Go Too

Laurie Spiegel - The Expanding Universe

Kraftwerk - Autobahn

Spacemen 3 - Dreamweapon

Can - Future Days

etc etc and so forth

Guest JohnTqs

in no order

Ex-Factor - Lauryn Hill

Mt. Saint Michel Mix+St. Michaels Mount - Aphex Twin

wouldn't it be nice? - beach boys

Sayounara Tsutara - Bogdan Raczynski

welcome to the show - j dilla

99 problems - jay-z

be nude, baby - jaffa

It Wouldn't Have Made Any Difference - todd rundgren

i want you back - jackson 5

why do fools fall in love? - frankie lymon

open the light - boards of canada

la-la means i love you - the delfonics

Hmmm. This is really hard. But I guess if I had but 1 min to decide before I embarked on my journey I would grab these.

i hate it when you have to go to space with only 1 minute's advanced notice. i mean, space travel is something that i like to prepare for. you know?

Guest uptowndevil

i hate it when you have to go to space with only 1 minute's advanced notice. i mean, space travel is something that i like to prepare for. you know?

i'm pretty sure he's talking about using an escape pod in the event of an emergency.

escape_pod_0354.jpg

so i thought about my list for a while and there are many different factors that i took into consideration such as: when i start to go crazy and lonely and homesick i am going to want stuff that reminds me of home or gives me nostalgia, i am going to want stuff that has meaning to it and motivates me to do my job (what ever it is i am doing in space), and songs that kind of fit together as some sort of story

i was imagining the playlist as a story starting on earth, taking off into space, saying goodbye to the planet, going on a great journey and then finally ending up on an alien planet where i transcend and am taught the secrets of life.

and yes i go track title - artist name because i think of (-) as "by".

engine room - tunng: this is the perfect song to start the playlist because its homey and it has a lot of elements of songs to come

windwind - autechre: this song is just very warm and futuristic and it would be the part where i am getting stoked to go to space

opis helpus - avey tare and kria brekkan

seeing you off the edges - eluvium: this one is like rocketing into space in slow motion and saying bye to the planet and its sad

satellite anthem icarus - boards of canada: going past the satellites

and it's alright - peter broderick: this one is thinking about the people who are sitting on beaches looking at the milky way which i am now a part of

analogue bubblebath 1 - aphex twin: these following two songs are basically party time

bros - panda bear: turning on zero gravity and floating around and having fun with juice

everybody's got to learn sometime - the field: reminds me of my favorite movie

banshee beat - animal collective: this is actually on here cause its my favorite song

only skin - joanna newsom

mandlovu mind - jami sieber: this is when i arrive on the alien planet and transcend

autechre - 444

aphex twin - vordhosbn

squarepusher - ultravisitor

underworld - beautiful burnout

orbital - the girl with the sun in her head

the orb - blue room

autechre - flutter

my bloody valentine - soon

ozric tentacles - tight spin

ltj bukem - atlantis

stan getz/astrud gilberto - corcovado (quiet nights of quiet stars)

stereolab - refractions in the plastic pulse

Archived