IGNORED

the Epic Beard Guy/Old Zangief thread

triachus

Jesus christ. This guy is my next door neighbor 20 years from now. They look, dress and talk the same. Even seem to think the same.

I live in Chicago (which is where EBG is from) and I occasionally drink next to people like this dude in my local dive. They are a strange blend of machismo, racism, ignorance and misplaced chivalry.

Don't piss them off.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, so this guy is far more articulate and evidently less insane. So old crazy white bastard remains crazy, and just a little, dangerous, but still governs a little bit of charm because of his tears.

Black dude is clearly not a stupid guy, but is the sort of person that gets drunk during the day and can't control his actions in public.

I'm still a little interested in the white guy and his 'friend' though. Does he have an imaginary friend/split personality or something?

when will they interview the purple spandex girl?

:cisfor:

I'm still a little interested in the white guy and his 'friend' though. Does he have an imaginary friend/split personality or something?

His name is Bob, right?

bobinternational.jpg

From Twin Peaks(San Francisco ;-])

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

LOL, so this guy is far more articulate and evidently less insane. So old crazy white bastard remains crazy, and just a little, dangerous, but still governs a little bit of charm because of his tears.

Black dude is clearly not a stupid guy, but is the sort of person that gets drunk during the day and can't control his actions in public.

when will they interview the purple spandex girl?

:cisfor:

"Black dude is clearly not a stupid guy, but is the sort of person that gets drunk during the day and can't control his actions in public."

ummmmm....

I have found that a proportion of older drunks are actually relatively intelligent. Maybe it's the whole intelligence linked to depression linked to alcoholism thing.

I think I may be swayed by this black dude because of how he first seemed though. In his drunken state he looked and sounded like a silly stereotype, whilst he was evidently trying to convey himself more favourably in the interview.

Guest Glass Plate

I had a co-worker that was rather intelligent but would drink and get high all the time like that too. I think it was because of his bad luck in careers (partly due to his race), and how he had basically been forced into wage slave culture, and most wage slaves drink with all their excess money. (partly why they remain wage slaves). Though "Epic Beard Guy" is also a survivor of the Vietnam war, and is probably even more fucked up from that. So basically both of these people have become sub-par human beings by becoming bi-products of American culture.

Guest Al Hounos

interesting docu... when i first saw the vid i thought he was some looney racist dick, but he's really just the last of a dying breed of simple, honest, old-time badasses who just like gettin fucked up, getting in fights, and getting laid. I'd smoke a joint with him.

Guest Space Coyote

i still believe beardman when he says the black guy said "why a brother gotta shine your shoes" and started the whole thing in the first place.

What do you mean? Are you suggesting the black guy (Michael) just said that out of the blue, as a non sequitur? That doesn't seem to me as likely as 'epic beard man' saying something inflammatory. If you're suggesting that their entire encounter begins as the video started recording then I would wager against that.

i still believe beardman when he says the black guy said "why a brother gotta shine your shoes" and started the whole thing in the first place.

What do you mean? Are you suggesting the black guy (Michael) just said that out of the blue, as a non sequitur? That doesn't seem to me as likely as 'epic beard man' saying something inflammatory. If you're suggesting that their entire encounter begins as the video started recording then I would wager against that.

no. im saying that i believe beardmans story of it starting on the street before the camera was recording, with him talking about his boy shining his shoes, and the black guy getting all "youre racist" about it.

Guest Gary C

So it's been fully established that neither of the warring citizens were villains in this encounter. The only person coming close a villain was the woman that filmed the initial fight and gave bait to each of them. What a cunt, really.

Black dude needs to grow up and stop getting drunk during the day and antagonising old people.

White dude doesn't need a lot. He could probably do with some counselling, but wouldn't accept it. He's a freak of nature who has the capability to be dangerous, but will most likely die quietly.

Maybe we'll see Zangief again. He's the sort of character that could get his own MTV-type show, but I should imagine he's too unreliable and intolerable to maintain a career. :beer:

all the trauma and hardship epic bearded man has gone through still does nothing to explain his bizarrely strained and overly gruff sounding voice. how can someone naturally talk like that? it sounds like a cartoon

if anything this video is yet another stinging indictment of how little race relations have improved. the comments on the video confirm my point.

Archived