IGNORED

peeple not nowin english

marf

Guest Al Hounos

I think this thread would have been better served if titled, "People not being white."

:facepalm:

for better or worse, fair or not fair, english is the lingua franca. If you can' t speak english, yes, you are missing out.

Don't you think they miss out on so much and visa versa?

They miss out on as much as anyone who doesn't speak Spanish, Japanese, Franch or any other other language.

people should really know their language to the best of their ability, whether it be english, spanish, or klingon. the more you know of your language, the more you can free your mind and express your thoughts. think of a baby that wants to tell his mother that he is hungry, but he can only cry out of frustration. everyone experiences this frustration to varying degrees all their lives, but the more you know about the language the less you are frustrated with expressing yourself.

no comment on the thread title.

Don't you think they miss out on so much and visa versa?

people not knowing english miss out on so much as well as people knowing english miss out? what does this sentence even mean?

and you know it's vice versa? :cisfor:

Id love to know French, Italian and Japanese. French cause they are rude if you don't speak it to them, Italian because they don't really know english in Italy as much as other Euro countries and Japanese cause its cool

Id love to know French, Italian and Japanese. French cause they are rude if you don't speak it to them, Italian because they don't really know english in Italy as much as other Euro countries and Japanese cause its cool

How about "Japanese because the Japanese know less English than the Italians"

people should really know their language to the best of their ability, whether it be english, spanish, or klingon. the more you know of your language, the more you can free your mind and express your thoughts. think of a baby that wants to tell his mother that he is hungry, but he can only cry out of frustration. everyone experiences this frustration to varying degrees all their lives, but the more you know about the language the less you are frustrated with expressing yourself.

no comment on the thread title.

yeah i like that. you also enjoy conversation and laugh at things that most others will not find funny.

i think you miss out on a lot if you only speak one language. I find english amazing in it's rich vocabulary and historical development, but there are nuances in other languages that convey vastly different meanings.

I use english on such a daily basis with the internet and TV etc that it's a part of me, when I make music I only think in english, when conceptualize about things in thought, I switch randomly between english and swedish.. I would find it difficult to express certain things to myself if I only had either english or swedish to express it with.

Guest Babar

French cause they are rude if you don't speak it to them

This cliché is typical of rich young american girls returning from Paris. What do they expect ? To be understood when they speak vomit this ultra-fast utlra-nasal american ? I even read a post on a language forum written by some fucking american cunt studying in Paris. she was like "I can't buy amphetamines in drug-stores my life is so damn horrible now, i even have to speak french !". What's the point then in going living abroad if it's not to learn the local language ?

Archived