IGNORED

Some scientists believe we gained our intelligence through cooking

Guest joshier

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In some cases, cooking is essential to release nutrients - carrots, potatoes, tomatoes for example all require heat to break down cell walls to release nutrients.

http://health.learninginfo.org/cooking.htm

i have to disagree with you on this one. cooking adds nothing to food, it only detracts from the value of food.

there might be some bickering about the percentages, but saying that food is improved nutritionally

in any way by cooking it is incorrect.

now, many foods are more enjoyable cooked and this may hold sway over our wantings to come to terms with the facts

in this very controversial matter.

cooking is a human adaptation on an intended design. somewhat akin to driving or many other examples of things

that seem to be advantages that then detract from our health and our functions in this world as they were originally intended.

troons right about this one guys. This is why juice from from the store and shit like odwalla has no vitamins (pasteurization), it's why frozen fruit and veggies have an almost negligible amount of nutrients compared to their raw counterparts, because they need to be blanched first.

In some cases, cooking is essential to release nutrients - carrots, potatoes, tomatoes for example all require heat to break down cell walls to release nutrients.

i have to disagree with you on this one. cooking adds nothing to food, it only detracts from the value of food.

there might be some bickering about the percentages, but saying that food is improved nutritionally

now, many foods are more enjoyable cooked and this may hold sway over our wantings to come to terms with the facts

cooking is a human adaptation on an intended design. somewhat akin to driving or many other examples of things

that seem to be advantages that then detract from our health and our functions in this world as they were originally intended.

i was gonna say "ok, have fun getting salmonella" but then i remembered that you're probably a vegan or something.

Types the guy sitting in a city somewhere in a house at his computer looking at the internet. All very natural and what was "originally intended.''

i have to disagree with you on th!s one. cooking adds nothing to food, it only detracts from the value of food.

in this very controvers!al matter.

!

fixed (added some troon flavor)

Types the guy sitting in a city somewhere in a house at his computer looking at the internet. All very natural and what was "originally intended.''

just because we might not be living what is entirely correct does not mean

we should not continue to try to know what is and strive for it.

there are many ways i live my lifestyle that are very conducive to change in this world.

it sounds to me that you are saying that we should not even try and those of us who speak

about these kinds of things should just stfu. i think that is a narrow perspective and quite counterproductive.

i for one will continue to try to see the truth and be the truth that i want to see.

Guest ezkerraldean

BUT cooking kills bad shit in your food so you don't get sick when you eat it

or is food poisoning actually good for us?

the immune system when operating at its full strength can fend off any contaminants that may be

on our food. if vegetables and fruits are kept fresh and eaten shortly after purchasing then there

should never be a problem with eating things that are uncooked. i have eaten raw, uncooked

foods exclusively for 7 years and have not once gotten sick. i have not washed any of my fruits or

vegetables for almost 5 years. now i don't recommend this right off to everyone. first one must do

the work to strengthen the immune system and must be sure that they are getting quality

fruits and vegetables that are organic and have been bought at either natural food stores,

farmers markets or picked straight from the field or woods.

meats and dairy's are the real problem. i would even go so far as to say that the meat and dairy that is accompanying fruits and vegetables,

not the fruits and vegetables themselves is what makes people sick in a large percentage of the instances of illness that

we hear about and experience. i would say there are a small amount of cases attributed to bad water, animal feces and employees

of the farms with pour personal hygiene, but these cases i believe to be rare and completely avoidable if the one effected

did not have an immune system that was weak. meat seems to get excuses made for it all the time because we like meat and

also because many companies know that there is alot more money in meat and dairy etc and so the news is twisted

for financial reasons. it is a fact that the food pyramid in america and its emphasis on dairy, eggs, meat and bread was

structured in that way during the early part of the nineteenth century just for that very reason.. money! not because

these sources are the best and only sources of the nutrients we need, but because they were and are the ones

that can make the most money, the ones they can process the most packaged crap out of.

those farmers wanted to sell the stuff that they were producing on their farms, so the

government marketed the things they needed to sell. this was not a system built on

truth and facts, but instead a system built on money. there are many other

decisions that have ultimately been made this way that effect many aspects

of our lives. we must do what we can to stop this from continuing to be able

to happen. money is the root of all evil.

meat and dairy are second generation food sources. why not go straight to the source and eat

the fruits, vegetables, grains and nuts themselves like the other animals do that have

similar characteristics. if you think about it all carnivores have been

designed to perform their function in the wild. they have pointed

teeth, claws, specific stomachs and specific enzymes in their

saliva and their stomachs to process certain types of foods

and of course they eat it uncooked.

how is it that millions and millions of people can survive eating a vegan diet with amazing health

and energy yet the majority of the world denies it being possible?

what we prefer and what is good for us are so often two different things.

to each his or her own i guess?

I know Britain has health food stores but does mainland Europe have health food stores? Like a place where you buy vitamins, spelt flour, other crazy things

I know Britain has health food stores but does mainland Europe have health food stores? Like a place where you buy vitamins, spelt flour, other crazy things

yes ....as well as farmers markets, land where we can grow our own foods and wild foods that

can be foraged.

the immune system when operating at its full strength can fend off any contaminants that may be

on our food. if vegetables and fruits are kept fresh and eaten shortly after purchasing then there

should never be a problem with eating things that are uncooked. i have eaten raw, uncooked

foods exclusively for 7 years and have not once gotten sick. i have not washed any of my fruits or

vegetables for almost 5 years. now i don't recommend this right off to everyone. first one must do

the work to strengthen the immune system and must be sure that they are getting quality

fruits and vegetables that are organic and have been bought at either natural food stores,

farmers markets or picked straight from the field or woods.

meats and dairy's are the real problem. i would even go so far as to say that the meat and dairy that is accompanying fruits and vegetables,

not the fruits and vegetables themselves is what makes people sick in a large percentage of the instances of illness that

we hear about and experience. i would say there are a small amount of cases attributed to bad water, animal feces and employees

of the farms with pour personal high gene, but these cases i believe to be rare and completely avoidable if the one effected

did not have an immune system that was weak. meat seems to get excuses made for it all the time because we like meat and

also because many companies know that there is alot more money in meat and dairy etc and so the news is twisted

for financial reasons. it is a fact that the food pyramid in america and its emphasis on dairy, eggs, meat and bread was

structured in that way during the early part of the nineteenth century just for that very reason.. money! not because

these sources are the best and only sources of the nutrients we need, but because they were and are the ones

that can make the most money, the ones they can process the most packaged crap out of.

those farmers wanted to sell the stuff that they were producing on their farms, so the

government marketed the things they needed to sell. this was not a system built on

truth and facts, but instead a system built on money. there are many other

decisions that have ultimately been made this way that effect many aspects

of our lives. we must do what we can to stop this from continuing to be able

to happen. money is the root of all evil.

meat and dairy are second generation food sources. why not go straight to the source and eat

the fruits, vegetables, grains and nuts themselves like the other animals do that have

similar characteristics. if you think about it all carnivores have been

designed to perform their function in the wild. they have pointed

teeth, claws, specific stomachs and specific enzymes in their

saliva and their stomachs to process certain types of foods

and of course they eat it uncooked.

how is it that millions and millions of people can survive eating a vegan diet with amazing health

and energy yet the majority of the world denies it being possible?

what we prefer and what is good for us are so often two different things.

to each his or her own i guess?

highlighted for epic language failure.

sorry, go on.

we all know that in this God forsaken place just because something tastes sweet doesn't mean that it is.

deception abounds in this fallen world.

carmelized onions and sweet roasted garlic do not lie

Archived