IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - Sentimenthol (Unofficial Music Video)

karmakramer

Hey so I put together this music video last two nights... basically I had a bunch of random nature/outdoor footage I shot, so I came up with this loose story of a dude who spends a day in the forest/outdoors and as he's driving back home to the city, he day dreams/gets sentimental over his experience that day. Please share criticisms, I am looking for them. Also if vimeo doesn't play smooth I would recommend downloading the file and watching it in quicktime... it really won't work at all I don't think if frames skip. Watching full screen would be ideal too, and a joint if you smoke lol :beer:

http://vimeo.com/10467948

Started to watch it but the skipping is pretty annoying...do you have to be a member to get a download option? Maybe I'm blind.

Maybe, not sure... the download option should be at the bottom right

Ah yes, it says login or sign up to download. I just signed up, will download at home.

But I watched it twice online with the hick-ups and I like what I saw! I really like the syncing of the rain drops and other visuals with the bass. The starburst type stuff and what appeared to be HD forest footage were quite nice.

I think what I liked least was in the beginning when you first see out the windshield, the glare/haze on the windshield just made it seem low-quality. Maybe too bright, not enough contrast? Similar footage later on works better when other things are layered over it, giving it a richer feel. So maybe when used alone, that footage could benefit from some brightness/contrast/saturation adjustments.

Everything after the sky shot was very nice though. So maybe looking at the whole picture, some color adjustments in certain places could give the whole thing the same rich feel you experience later. Maybe that's not the goal though.

Listen to me, talking like I actually know how to make videos! :facepalm: Great job overall. I wish it were longer.

Thanks troon!

Ah yes, it says login or sign up to download. I just signed up, will download at home.

But I watched it twice online with the hick-ups and I like what I saw! I really like the syncing of the rain drops and other visuals with the bass. The starburst type stuff and what appeared to be HD forest footage were quite nice.

I think what I liked least was in the beginning when you first see out the windshield, the glare/haze on the windshield just made it seem low-quality. Maybe too bright, not enough contrast? Similar footage later on works better when other things are layered over it, giving it a richer feel. So maybe when used alone, that footage could benefit from some brightness/contrast/saturation adjustments.

Everything after the sky shot was very nice though. So maybe looking at the whole picture, some color adjustments in certain places could give the whole thing the same rich feel you experience later. Maybe that's not the goal though.

Listen to me, talking like I actually know how to make videos! :facepalm: Great job overall. I wish it were longer.

I agree with all your critics and I tried making the opening sky shots and driving shots more contrasted, but it looks worse mainly cause the capture was just too bright originally. I then decided to just leave it so the transition to the trippy gives an even greater sense of depth. So yeah I agree that on first impression, before the beat kicks in, the video doesn't seem like its going to be all that good... at least visually. For now though its the best I could do. I actually wanted to end the video with just a driving shot of the city and sounds of the city too... to contrast the beginning with sounds of nature, but I didn't have good audio to work with... I'll probably do a re-edit, thats why I am asking for criticisms even if you liked it

So well done... Is this you in the video?

Yep

you made this?

i didn't get that at first :wacko:

top work!!

do you have plans to do any more similar pieces?

Haha, yep it was technically for a class, but I would have made it regardless.

I do have plans for similar pieces, and if anyone here is actually looking for someone to make a music video for their own music, please contact me and depending on if I am into the song/your music, I would certainly be willing to collab. I've got to be into the song though otherwise the edit/video probably won't come out very well.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I swear you didn't look like that in the most recent pic thread, either way the video is really good, big ups props

looks great, i love that im seeing lots of extremely high quality HD stuff coming from people who aren't doing this professionally, i don't really have any criticisms maybe less of the layering/fading on top of each other stuff, the photography on it's own is great

• 3 months later...

Updated cut, Id like to know if people like it more or less than the previous

edit: nvm just listened with sound and its got a syncing problem, ill upload again in a second

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some great work there. I like both versions, keep it up man!

Gracias

Heres HD youtube embed, seems like youtube plays smoother than vimeo

[youtubehd]2Wi5vy45M0U[/youtubehd]

• 5 years later...

Archived