Pick the champion!  

148 members have voted

1. 1. who wins?

• immortal jellyfish
    • Large Hadron Collider

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

impossibly exciting! LTM forum is pulling the strings! the poll is rigged! rigged i tell ya!

this. i demand a recount damnit. also for the next time, let me suggest that votes can't be changed after they've been cast. right now it will just cause fake drama.

after a lot of thought i voted LHC. mainly because there is a chance, however small, that it could in fact DESTROY THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!

(well, that's what i heard)

after a lot of thought i voted LHC. mainly because there is a chance, however small, that it could in fact DESTROY THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!

Indeed. Two years ago I was in Berlin at a reading with some weirdo who claimed that if they turn on the machine and manage to create a small black hole, the universe could collapse within 80 months. I recorded the presentation on my HD Recorder. I hope I still have those recordings because they are so going to be on my contribution to the LHC. :cisfor:

even better, it could create a tiny black hole that would immediately fade away here, but if you would be on the other side of the hole, it would be like it would expand infinitely, perhaps create a new universe, where another species would one day create a similar device and create a black hole that creates a new universe and it goes on and on forever!!!!!!!!

LHC can't destroy the world, that's a bunch of crap. sure, some forms of jellyfish are biologically immortal...yet they can still be killed by outside influences.

so, its a billions-of-dollars project that doesnt work vs some daft animals in the sea as the idm championship? think i'm going for the vote of no confidence and deem carl sagan the clear winner

LHC can't destroy the world, that's a bunch of crap. sure, some forms of jellyfish are biologically immortal...yet they can still be killed by outside influences.

so, its a billions-of-dollars project that doesnt work vs some daft animals in the sea as the idm championship? think i'm going for the vote of no confidence and deem carl sagan the clear winner

stop saying this, the experiments have barely begun. it's a multi-year project. it's not like they just push a button and smash some protons together and a paper is printed out saying "there's a higgs boson, mate" and the shut down forever.

Archived