IGNORED

KLOPJOB

karmakramer

basically get out your headphones and listen to Cilonen from Chosen Lords... don't listen to the vinyl rips you'll find on the nets if you can. If Chosen Lords doesn't please you for the 56 minutes it plays, then yeah its just not jiving I guess :shrug:

yeah I have chosen lords. acid doesn't do it for me really. to me analord was a huge step back from the kind of mastery that drukqs displayed. it's like he decided he'd show us how good he could get, then went back to doing old stuff with old gear.

IMO

Fenix Funk 5 destroys anything on Drukqs imo, and I love Drukqs (#1 album). The majority of it is definitely less intricate, but it also is a lot warmer. I find the places he has explored on the Analords just as interesting as things he did on Drukqs basically, sure it sounds less technical, but Oversteps for example sounds less technical then maybe Confield or Draft/Untilted, but apparently Sean/Rob had the most sonic control, and were able to really deliver the sounds they were imagining. I also really love the artwork on the Analords, I'm diggin him using his photography as the artwork.

analord%2003.jpg

analord%2001.jpg

analord%2008.jpg

analord%2010.jpg

I think the limited and shoddy way this was released, kind of takes some of the magic you have compared to a Aphex Twin album under Warp. My feelings is that this should have been released like the Selected Ambient Works... do a double disc if you want. And then have the 12"'s separately. Cause I think, judging from the Tuss, and his fixation with analogs, he's kind of discovered the sound he likes. Now its about maximizing sonic control and fidelity I guess... who really knows where he will go next, but I think these analords serve a much bigger purpose then just lazy fuckery.

fair enough. the whole acid thing is just not for me though. sorry for de-railing your thread.

wasnt much of a thread to derail lol, and yeah fair enough. I am only pushing my opinion cause I used to be under a similar impression on the Analords. At times I feel like it and the Tuss is the best work he's made. Drukqs just packs the biggest punch in one package, but if you together a two disc analord collection with some Tuss material or something... god almighty

I agree the Analords were released in a hap-hazard way. Total mess if you ask me but then what the fuck do I know?

I think if they were (all) released in a more coherent way then they would be more enjoyable. I would of been well gutted if I had shelled out for those vinyls and then new mp3s appeared.

The rumour goes that Warp and Richard aren't best of pals like they used to, I don't know if thats true or even care but I know Warp would of done a better job of putting the Analords across. Sometimes you have to let people who are good at what they do just get on with it, in otherwords Richard makes the music and Warp sells it. Simple.

first analord track i ever heard!

Halibut Acid here! :aphexsign:

i get the feeling klopjob and pitcard were made around the same time. same vibes. 2 of the most choice tracks on the entire analord release too imo.

Guest cyphersum

to me, Fenix Funk 5 is a Drukqs track through and through. I don't really think it belongs in the Analord series at all. Just play it in a mix between tracks like Vordhosbn, Meltphace 6 or Ziggomatic V17. The percussion programming and softer melody sounds just fit with a Drukqs era track production.

the Analord series as a whole (barring a few sleepers) is an incredibly rich collection of tracs. they could have released this series as a great 3CD package but I quite liked the vinyl approach and it all came out quite quickly and the artwork is great. (i do own the vinyls and binder)

Guest cyphersum

Carnival Acid sounds like it could be on SAW I.

i think Laricheard has wayyyy more SAW1 going on... Carnival swings too much to be an early SAW1 track.

Carnival Acid sounds like it could be on SAW I.

i thought the same thing, its those soft ambient techno-pops ive grown to love so much from years and years of listening to SAW1! they sound different in carnival acid, but they're nolstalgic all the same

I agree the Analords were released in a hap-hazard way. Total mess if you ask me but then what the fuck do I know?

I think if they were (all) released in a more coherent way then they would be more enjoyable. I would of been well gutted if I had shelled out for those vinyls and then new mp3s appeared.

The rumour goes that Warp and Richard aren't best of pals like they used to, I don't know if thats true or even care but I know Warp would of done a better job of putting the Analords across. Sometimes you have to let people who are good at what they do just get on with it, in otherwords Richard makes the music and Warp sells it. Simple.

Yep, I can agree with this.

yeah I have chosen lords. acid doesn't do it for me really. to me analord was a huge step back from the kind of mastery that drukqs displayed. it's like he decided he'd show us how good he could get, then went back to doing old stuff with old gear.

IMO

ugh I bet you're one of those pricks who listens to that pretentious "autechre" shit as well...

ugh I bet you're one of those pricks who listens to that pretentious "autechre" shit as well...

(that was sarcasm, in case the tone of my voice didn't quite translate)

although I do tend to prefer richie's analogue musings to his clickety-squelch tomfoolery

Guest cyphersum

Bradley Strider is not being talked about enough.

Great 90's Acid , analord's grandparent.

indeed.

----->leaves to put Bradley's Beat on the turntable.

Guest PWSTEAL

:facepalm:

Archived