IGNORED

Oval - Oh

khov

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that Ah ! track is a surprise & is really good. pitchfork mentions all the details on the forthcoming records (like 3 lps or something).

that would be great if it was 3lps, my copy of Oval comers and the new Lithops records are both very weak pressings relatively speaking. They are on a single very long playing vinyl record.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tht tne

just to get our ducks in a row the ep oh is released 15th june and the lp o is released 7th september, right?

• 2 weeks later...

saw this on vinyl yesterday, definitely didn't want to miss out on it! it's a beautiful EP, i assume it's to be played at 33, yeah? sounds great at both 33 and 45 though, imo.

really liking featurette and happyend II

systemich will always be one of my all time favorite albums (even though it is a big ripoff of selected ambient works II)

Guest Makinami

systemich will always be one of my all time favorite albums (even though it is a big ripoff of selected ambient works II)

Please :facepalm:

Please :facepalm:

i thought this was well know fact - i would be happy if it were not true - please, tell me it's not true

that makes so little sense for someone who's heard other ambient-ish music beyond SAWII and Systemich that i honestly don't even know where to start.

that aside i think this is a good album/ep(?) but im having the same issues with it that i do with new Autechre, i feel like the mystery from So and even Ovalcommers is gone we're seeing Oval at now a very macro level. To top it off and also oddly coincidentally it uses primarily physical modeling synthesis (like Oversteps) to achieve a lot of those fake guitar plucking sounds. It's used to interesting effect, but i would expect Mr. Popp to 'push' the technique more than he does on this. It definitely doesn't have the sound of an Oval album made using an out of date desktop PC either (in my imagination the expectation was not very minimal physical modeling virtual string tweak sessions).

• 3 weeks later...

i find it very strange that when i type Oval & 'physical modeling' into google that this thread is literally the only hit containing those 2 words at once. I find this amazing since physical modeling is available everywhere these days, i guess it's still a really unknown technology to most people.

Archived