IGNORED

so i finally plugged amber into my stereo

essines

again. shit, this is a good album. Further and Slip are just straight up wickeed electronic music tracks. i still remember the days when i thought slip was a 'messed up techno track'. Now, after listening devoutly to mostly lp5 and confield, this shit seems level. it is wicked, perhaps ae will one day make more straightforward tunes. not that i don't like untilted etc.

ap

Guest contrapunctus

an excellent sound system is required to fully appreciate this, maybe more so than any other ae album.

• 1 month later...
Guest mushroom

Never really cared for it, myself. Just seems like a collection of "okay" tracks, and ae can definitely do better than "okay." And they have, since.

Amber has great atmosphere and creates a sense of vast open deserts with bizarre landscapes like the cover suggests. The two opening tracks are among my favorites and really set the tone for the rest of the album.

It's the only pre-Envane release I really care for as a whole.

Guest felttipen

why doe no one ever say anything about piezo or glitch. there are my favouritse

Yeah I like the album but there are some seriously weak tracks, ie Slip.

Piezo, Montreal, Nil and Teartear are fucking wicked though.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gump
Yeah I like the album but there are some seriously weak tracks, ie Slip.

Piezo, Montreal, Nil and Teartear are fucking wicked though.

slip is not weak - it is simply amazing

I've really tried to get along with it but it just does nothing for me.

Still, each to their own.

Guest ~ism

the first Ae album I owned on original CD, found it in an Oxfam music shop for a fivespot...mint case and cd.

Foil, Glitch and Montreal are the big hitters for me.

First time I heard Foil I was on about 30 mg of valium and I thought it was the most amazing thing ever.

Guest Gump

lets be honest the full album is great

i have it playing in my car at the moment and can't seem to take it out the cd player - every time i try i find myself listening to two tracks or something and then putting amber back in again.

Guest 1001 0

yes of course..

i listened it last weekend (it had been awhile).. and side b is very nice.. all along

:excl:

You really need to get it man. Autechre are so worth getting into, Amber is a good album to start with.

Guest yeesland
btw, my first copy of amber was on a cassette tape that worked fine. i borrowed it from a girl named amber, funnily enough.

i didn't know any girls liked autechre! seriously, i've played tons of their shit for 2 girlfriends of mine over the years, and they both ONLY liked 'krib' from cichlisuite (because of the glass sounds).

is autechre manmusic?

btw, my first copy of amber was on a cassette tape that worked fine. i borrowed it from a girl named amber, funnily enough.

i didn't know any girls liked autechre! seriously, i've played tons of their shit for 2 girlfriends of mine over the years, and they both ONLY liked 'krib' from cichlisuite (because of the glass sounds).

is autechre manmusic?

amber is all she knows. she lent me her car to move my stuff yesterday, and had the tape in the deck. i think she would like tri rep

Considering I listen to Amber more than any other Autechre cd I'm tempted to say it's my favourite... but I still like Chiastic Slide and LP5 so much....

Amber is amazing though. One of those 'desert island' albums for me, I can't live without it, it's ALWAYs in my cd wallet.

Pretty much exery second track blows me away: Montreal, Slip, Peizo, Further, Yulquen and Teartear... I just can't get enough of. The only track on their that I don't love is Nil.

Archived