IGNORED

best post-fragile nine inch nails tracks

Fred McGriff

well since just about everything since the fragile has sucked from nine inch nails. and really the downward spiral was the last truly solid mistake-free album. there have been a few hits though since the fragile. obviously the "still" disc is mostly great. but after that era, from with teeth, year zero, and the slip i think "the warning" from year zero represents his best effort and the general direction nin should have gone many years ago. it's hard to throw ghosts into the equation but in general a lot of the instrumental stuff is way better than the angsty jock jams nin make. there's an instrumental or two off of the slip that are pretty great. corona radiata i think. and there was one lyric track on the slip that i liked too, echoplex i believe.

i really think a decent album can be constructed from the last 3 albums, or last 4 including ghosts, to make an apology album to the fans if we could go back in time and release instead of with teeth.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the fragile and the fragile era stuff (Still was a piece of shit ,sorry).

I actually like his Post-fragile stuff more .

From Best to Worst.

Year Zero - 10/10

The Slip - 10/10

With Teeth - 10/10

Broken - 10/10

TDS - 9/10

Ghosts - 9/10

Pretty Hate Machine - 8/10

The Fragile (I hate this album) - 2/10

I hate the fragile and the fragile era stuff (Still was a piece of shit ,sorry).

From Best to Worst.

Year Zero - 10/10

The Slip - 10/10

With Teeth - 10/10

Broken - 10/10

TDS - 9/10

Ghosts - 9/10

lol you have terrible taste

Guest tht tne

i used to be really into phish and they were verifiably awesome from 1992 to arguably 1997 but around 2000 they started sucking, and well..

i had this fm broadcast where they were playing and when the song ended someone in the crowd yelled "stop sucking, trey" to the guitarist

maybe someone needs to tell trent reznor to stop sucking is all i'm saying it certainly didn't work for trey but you never really know my pals

LOL , nononnonontrolololo , i think Trent Reznor is a pretentious vagina.

, But yeah a one disc Fragile would have been great.

Somewhat Damaged

The Frail

The Wretched

We're in this together

Just Like you Imagined

Pilgrimage

La Mer

The Great Below

The Way Out Is Through

Into The Void

Please

Complication

The Big Come down

Underneath it all

8/10

I like the music of 90s NIN a fair bit, but the lyrics are painfully emo. 00s NIN has lyrics that aren't nearly as emo, so they/he get(s) some points there. Loses some points for the tracks that sound too generic rock band, though. I get the feeling 10s NIN could be the best now that he's finally beginning to indulge in instrumental stuff more.

^That is one thing I like about the newer stuff. On the early albums it feels like he's trying to make some sort of elaborate masterpiece for the ages. Now it sounds like he's just making music for the fun of it.

Guest tht tne

Year Zero Remixed - since I can´t get my hands on the original I enjoy this one... still highly appreciated...

you mean Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D?@? lol

Personally i liked The Fragile - but yeah it would be better as one disc (but what double disc album wouldn't be better if you cut the weaker tracks off?)

With teeth had a few good tracks - the favorite being Right Where It Belongs. The Line Begins To Blur i liked too. It grew on me a bit.

I liked most of Year Zero - didn't like The Slip though.

Ghost was pretty good but not really memorable.

Interesting that you stick to post-fragile stuff. That's when Reznor gets shit IMO.

Sunspots is by far the best. Followed by The Line Begins To Blur.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWmoco8XqPA

yesyesyesyesyesyes!

Sunspots is amazing. Right Where It Belongs V.2 is a really good Still-esque song, the album version isn't that great.

Guest tht tne

I'm serious. to me it's angry music and I just don't feel like listening to it these days.

one man's trash is another man's treasure because i feel like catching up on all the nin i ignored when it was popular but i probably won't try to lol

This thread made me laugh at boxing days taste at nin but respect tht tne more because I was super into phish at that time to (showing my age a lot there) but year zero and The slip are total crap.

If I was stuck on a desert island and I was allowed one nin album I have to admit it would be ghosts.

Guest tht tne

one man's trash is another man's treasure

Is this a Trey reference?

i was thinking exactly of trey when i wrote that, yes

From Best to Worst.

Year Zero - 10/10

The Slip - 10/10

With Teeth - 10/10

Broken - 10/10

TDS - 9/10

Ghosts - 9/10

lol you have terrible taste

jesus christ yes he does

Archived