IGNORED

best post-fragile nine inch nails tracks

Fred McGriff

Wow that is intense. Exact same photos. They must have obtained the rights!? :trashbear:

haha TR will lose his shit when he sees that

it's old news, i saw it posted on theninhotline.net about a year ago.

but yeah, they must've bought the right to use the pictures as they're decent resolution.

edit: looks like it was over a year ago, damn i'm getting old.

edit 2: apparently David Carson was seeking action too

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Greg Reason

Holy shit there's even more Fragile art in there! The top left square (blue n orange), the green square right next to it, the red square down in the bottom righthand corner...

And if David Carson is seeking legal action I wonder who exactly they bought the rights from??

Holy shit there's even more Fragile art in there! The top left square (blue n orange), the green square right next to it, the red square down in the bottom righthand corner...

And if David Carson is seeking legal action I wonder who exactly they bought the rights from??

yea, thats way old and david carson was pissed. not sure about the outcome, but its such a strange thing to do for a fast food company.

,most of the proper NIN albums are very uneven for me, there is only one great one, and that's the Downward Spiral

my favorites:

- Fixed

- Further Down the Spiral

- Quake OST

if 'the day the whole world went away' replaced Starfuckers on the Fragile it would be a significantly better album, starfuckers is by far the shittiest song on it

this is still probably my favorite proper NIN Track , Broken doesn't get enough praise round here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVpw1SwJRBI

,most of the proper NIN albums are very uneven for me, there is only one great one, and that's the Downward Spiral

my favorites:

- Fixed

- Further Down the Spiral

- Quake OST

if 'the day the whole world went away' replaced Starfuckers on the Fragile it would be a significantly better album, starfuckers is by far the shittiest song on it

this is still probably my favorite proper NIN Track , Broken doesn't get enough praise round here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVpw1SwJRBI

i love Broken, it's my second favourite out of the NIN canon (if you count Quake as canon, then it's a tie).

Broken has this really sinister feel, at least i think it does. nothing NIN has ever done before or since has had the same feel.

Guest Greg Reason

Yeah Broken does feel quite sinister (especially Happiness in Slavery) but nothing is quite as sinister as Eraser. The last Coil & Danny Hyde remix from Further Down the Spiral v1 (Erased.Over.Out) capitalizes on this and makes it possibly the most disturbing thing in the NIN catalog.

Broken has aged pretty damn well, I like the intro and segue as well, fits in great (pinion, help me I am in hell) it's like a mini concept album or something. A-grade.

About all I can complain about on that album is the cheese-ass guitar riff on last (you know the one I mean). Which btw trezor didn't play live b/c it was a cheese-ass riff for a looong time, until about with teeth era when it suddenly sounded good to him. that is a bit telling I reckon.

Guest Greg Reason

Broken has aged pretty damn well, I like the intro and segue as well, fits in great (pinion, help me I am in hell) it's like a mini concept album or something. A-grade.

About all I can complain about on that album is the cheese-ass guitar riff on last (you know the one I mean). Which btw trezor didn't play live b/c it was a cheese-ass riff for a looong time, until about with teeth era when it suddenly sounded good to him. that is a bit telling I reckon.

Last kicks ass though. Heavy as fuck. And he didn't do it at all on the With Teeth tour, he started playing it in the Year Zero era, which was when NIN setlists finally started reflecting the diversity of the records instead of being greatest hits showcases like every leg of the With Teeth tour was.

I'm very glad he did finally pulled Last out of the bag, I didn't think he'd ever do it. I get the feeling he avoided it for so long because of how much of a caning his throat would take to sing that shit. Fuck it was mad. Was like a ton of bricks to the face when they pulled that out.

Aside from that last song and sunspots the rest is meh to pretty bad. But he almost really didn't have a chance with that anyway. After such a long layoff from fragile to awitha ateetha, it was bound to be average at best

further down the spiral and the downward spiral tie for number one nin album for me. i can't pick between the two, they are both perfection.

i don't like year zero very much. i used to like it quite a bit actually, but the more i listened to other stuff from his discography, the more i realized it was shit. i even consider some of with teeth better. year zero was just very sonically uncreative. every song sounds exactly the same. well, i like zero-sum. except for that cheesy whispering in the background :facepalm:

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU, TRENT!?!?

(i'll answer that for myself: middle age).

Guest margaret thatcher
awitha ateetha

I seem to be in the minority of people who like the way he says that, with the added reverb & everything.

it's like he's trying to do an impression of mark e smith.

Guest Greg Reason

With Teeth is a little under-rated. It's got a great ending with "Beside you in time/Right where it belongs", right up against any other good NIN album endings. And "Only".

Underrated? I think it's the worst fuckin thing he's ever made. Even The Slip has better material on it (Corona Radiata, The Four of Us Are Dying)

awitha ateetha

I seem to be in the minority of people who like the way he says that, with the added reverb & everything.

it's like he's trying to do an impression of mark e smith.

You got it. He's obsessed with that dude.

wow, according to the pitchfork of filth, the music in that 40second preview sounds like fuzzed out electro.

Yes, well, they also describe the new MIA song as a "gurgling fuzz fuck". I think they just like using the word fuzz for everything with distortion in it.

wow, according to the pitchfork of filth, the music in that 40second preview sounds like fuzzed out electro.

Yes, well, they also describe the new MIA song as a "gurgling fuzz fuck". I think they just like using the word fuzz for everything with distortion in it.

i'm more aghast that they're calling the How To Destroy Angels stuff as "electro".

yes, i'm a genre nazi :trashbear:

Last kicks ass though. Heavy as fuck. And he didn't do it at all on the With Teeth tour, he started playing it in the Year Zero era, which was when NIN setlists finally started reflecting the diversity of the records instead of being greatest hits showcases like every leg of the With Teeth tour was.

I'm very glad he did finally pulled Last out of the bag, I didn't think he'd ever do it. I get the feeling he avoided it for so long because of how much of a caning his throat would take to sing that shit. Fuck it was mad. Was like a ton of bricks to the face when they pulled that out.

My bad, I knew it was a long time since he played it live anyways. One man's cheese is another man's meltphace I suppose. :wink:

Archived