IGNORED

goa trance

Guest Hanratty

Guest Hanratty

Can anyone with knowledge of goa trance recommend something great in the genre? preferably a freely available dj mix. I used to have some good mixes back in the day but cant bother to keep up with it as there is far too much junk in the genre of trance. however i am convinced there is some gold buried in the rubble. looking for great early/mid 90s trance too

Guest tht tne

i have to refer to ishkur's guide and recommend you underworld as "classic trance"

as far as 604 i don't know but you could consult fusionanomaly.net that guy is hip

somebody in the Jeskola Buzz community made some sort of algorithmic goa generator and it sounded exactly like something someone actually wrote, and entered in these contests and beat out all the human-produced stuff, something to that effect. Essentially I guess you'd just leave it on and it would produce hours of 'unique' goa tracks

and it would produce hours of 'unique' goa tracks

ha that's funny, i've seen similar things for acid techo and jagga jungle, they sound perfect too. most generic rave music can be pretty much randomly generated

Hanrattay, were those in the vein of what you were looking for ?

i think most people here have, that's kind of why Hanratty's thread title was a little tepid. It's kind of shame though i mean yes it's filled with cliches and really cheesy vibes but i personally feel this way about house, techno, dub techo, dub step, drum and bass, jungle, 2step, garage, wonky, etc. Just a matter of personal taste i guess. For a psychedelic drug enthusiast it's pretty nice complimentary music to a trip, there isn't much music out there that is tailor made for ingesting LSD and mushrooms.

edit: i also think some of the goa i posted above would appeal to synthesizer enthusiasts. As far as technical achievements in electronic music is concerned, during the late 90s there weren't very many other genres of music pushing synthesizers to the limit like psytrance. There is arp2600 and Korg Ms20 all over the Hallucinogen album Lone Deranger

Guest Hanratty

great article, but i dont like the mix. i had some goa trance tapes in the mid 90s. i guess i am just looking for those tracks but dont know what they are. why does goa trance have to be so busy?

If you are looking for 1990's goatrance in its purest sense, maybe something darker that that might be played between 2-5am at a party i suggest looking for stuff by Darshan, Ooptica, Cydonia, Dimension 5, Green Nuns of the Revolution, Black Hole, Ubar Tamar etc. Let me know if you want any specific recco's for post 2000 goa. Especially for a more layered, darker goa sound....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6coOjkD20A

suntrip records is one of the few lables releasing new goa trance similar to the early 90s stuff. filteria is a clear stand out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZnXe8oNr9o

for more check out 90s astral projection (anything after 00 is shit), etnica, pleiadians, 90s cosmosis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idALhDJSEHo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWfoKnltg4

Guest Ominous

I just read a really interesting article about goat trance from 1995

http://www.techgnosis.com/paradise.html

can't remember how I got to that site, but wherever it was also had a link to this mix. didn't get me liking trance more but maybe it's what you're looking for.

haha I said goat trance.

oh you beat me to it! I just read the article today and am listening to the awesome mix! too bad it got too fast and too formulaic.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hanratty

ASTRAL PROJECTION - Let There Be Light <-- one reason why I have this nagging urge to listen to trance

how do you insert a youtube vid anyway?

believe it or not a certain Mr Paul Oakenfold championed the goa sound before everything went all balleric/van dyke/miles of which there was a rare 'Oakenfold the goa mix' or something (think i have a cdr sowhere)

other than that 90's Goa trance didn't get better than the second CD on comp Distance to Goa 3 for me

probably my favorite goa ep of all time (side project of shpongle called beast)-

*bunch of goa songs*

great post!

i cant find this at all. shpongle side project? raja or simon?

it's Simon working with another dude and they only put out a single 12" and cd single but it's extremely ahead of it's time.

R-197193-1221760400.jpeg

http://www.discogs.com/Beast-Spawn-Trouble-EP/release/197193

from discogs...

Another diamond in the rough... This EP is the result of a legendary but short-lived collaboration between Hallucinogen (Simon P) and Process (Sean W). It carries some of the finest, most intricate and psychedelic goatrance music around. Both artists sounds are very very apparant in this release. You can literally hear both Hallucinogen and Process in each track. I don't think I have come across a collaboration yet, where individual influences are so audible.

Spawn starts off with a very bouncy bassline and gets you into the goove right away. Soon Mr. Williams steps in with his tom-foolery on the hihats and creepy sounds that suddenly appear but seem to fit right in. Hallucinogenius in the mean while has been secretly spinning a web of melody in the background which is building up to eruption and does so, so beautifully towards the end. CLASSIC Track !!

Trouble is talked about often as one of Simon Posford's best tracks. It is a great track, oozing psychedelia 100%

the statement at the bottom i fully concur with, both tracks are most definitely the finest goa trance ever produced.

Sounds incredible but it doesn't seem to be available without spending an arm and a leg. I will def keep searching. Posford hardly ever disappoints

just acquired that beast EP and it is indeed damn good stuff. should add that it's recommended to anyone who enjoys well produced and original electronic music. also give a thumbs up on the hux flux recommendation. their first album is really nice and psychedelic.

Archived