IGNORED

new broken social scene

Alzado

yeah. weren't there break up rumors again? i wasn't expecting anything from them, so it kind of rules to have something this excellent pop up.

is it better than their other album? there was only really one track i liked.

[youtubehd]dv-ISen-UTQ[/youtubehd]

also, i'm pretty sure what happens at 3:25 is impossible.

This is the video that got me started on BSS. I was just searching for footage of bike messengers at work.

And yeah, I don't care for most of their new album. I like 1 or 2 of its songs.

been listening to it for about 2 weeks now. i like it, but it doesn't really mesh as an album for me, but i guess you forgot it in people didn't really either, so its ok by me. music is still great.

all you bss fans into k.c. accidental, kevin drew and charles spearin's band before bss? two of the most perfect albums ever, IMO.

i'll have to check out the kc accidental stuff. is there a particular aspect of BSS's sound that it shares more strongly than others?

also, this new album is so totally lush. the musical songwriting uses some really off kilter melodies and stuff and it works so well.

the k.c. accidental stuff is more like the first bss album, in the vein of "love and mathematics" and "passport radio", more "ambient" and instrumental for lack of better terms. there are vocals on a few tracks, but mostly not.

i'm not sure you can buy the cds anymore (theres a "like-new" on amazon for $87, lol) but the 2 albums are definitely worth a download. i hardly go a few weeks without listening to them.

Guest iamabe

is it better than their other album? there was only really one track i liked.

[youtubehd]dv-ISen-UTQ[/youtubehd]

also, i'm pretty sure what happens at 3:25 is impossible.

This is the video that got me started on BSS. I was just searching for footage of bike messengers at work.

And yeah, I don't care for most of their new album. I like 1 or 2 of its songs.

I wonder how many people were introduced to broken social scene from this video. This is how I found out about them, too, and I got totally hooked on Bandwich and 7/4 afterwards. Now I'm all about Looks Just Like the Sun and Major Label Debut. Who liked Kevin Drew's solo album? ("broken social scene presents: kevin drew")

There's a great book released last year called "This Book is Broken". Well worth the $15. Breezy read and its got lots of cool stuff on the history of the band through the breakup after their self titled album. It's insane how many members are in this band.

Thanks for the reminder, will have to check this out next week!

Great records coming out over the next few weeks from three bands I like:

May 4: BSS - glorious!

May 11: The National - people seem to really like this. but it's all just slow as molasses to me. i think they've forgotten how to rock.

May 18: Band of Horses - easily the worst of the three albums. but, i really like it a lot. there's at least five or six songs making this worthy of a purchase.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived