IGNORED

Suppose an EVIL DEMON visited you...

boris

Suppose you're a decent person just minding your own business when an evil demon comes down to your face. He tells you that for every virtuous act you do he's going to kill five people and won't kill anybody every time you act non-virtuously. Suppose he also made it so you can't commit suicide (if you could, then he would kill 5 people for that virtuous act and that would be the end of it). On the assumption that the demon will keep his word, how are you to act? Since you start out as a decent virtuous person, what would you predict you would do in this situation?

Philosoraptor.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abusivegeorge

I would not do anything that is knowingly wrong/harmful to others, which I try my best not to do anymore anyway.

This is really easy can we have it a bit more complicated please.

I would not do anything that is knowingly wrong/harmful to others, which I try my best not to do anymore anyway.

This is really easy can we have it a bit more complicated please.

But if you don't do anything that you know will harm others, you will be acting virtuously and five people would die every time you did that. So you'd be killing a lot of people in the process of acting good.

edit: is th wot u WNT?

Yeah dude, I fucking HATE everybody.

My answer stands.

Wow.

Well I think I'd continue doing what I would do without caring for the people that were being killed. That way, by not caring about the people I would be killing, I would be acting "in-virtuous" and no one would die.

edit: th eend

exercise

yer demons

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

a still from Little Miss Sunshine of the huge blanket with a sketch of Nietzsche's head on it.jpg

Guest abusivegeorge

My answer stands.

Wow.

Well I think I'd continue doing what I would do without caring for the people that were being killed. That way, by not caring about the people I would be killing, I would be acting "in-virtuous" and no one would die.

That's absolute genius!

a still from Little Miss Sunshine of the huge blanket with a sketch of Nietzsche's head on it.jpg

Little_Miss_Sunshine_sm.jpg

pauldano.jpg

My answer stands.

Wow.

That's absolute genius!

Oh I get it. You already said that.

Guest Z_B_Z

just dont act either virtuous or non virtuously and you wont have a problem. ignore everyone.

Guest Rambo

he'd have to define virtuos/non virtuos first or can talk to the hand because the face aint listening

and that's what i'd tell him guys

Guest Rambo

i would just masturbate and finger myself and listen to the Lion King soundtrack that i dubbed swearwords over

The demon doesn't even say how frequent the non virtuos acts have to be btw.

Archived