• $10
    • $20
    • I wouldn't pay to join WATMM

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JW Modestburns

very bad idea.

Perhaps charging for lifetime membership status might work, but charging for general membership is going to discourage most people from signing up.

Guest tidbit

this is a ltms secret act to reveal who are not willing to pay and are therefore to be banned when the next crisis is upon us

very bad idea.

Perhaps charging for lifetime membership status might work, but charging for general membership is going to discourage most people from signing up.

the thing is, we've had membership closed for months in the past. it didn't hurt. i know people emailed me asking to pay to join at least once.

Guest Rambo

I will quote someone's post and type "lol" for a buck; "this" for a buck fifty.

I like your thinking Fred. I would like to offer my services over in Your Latest Creations.

I will

listen to your entire track for $0.50

post heartfelt constructive criticism for $0.25 - $1.00 depending on how overwhelmingly supportive you need me to be

make wisecracks in your song thread to drive more traffic your way for only $0.15

i will berate and discourage your peers thus making you seem fantastic by comparison for as little as $0.50

sample: "woah. that's was awful"

Guest uptown devil

very bad idea.

the thing is, we've had membership closed for months in the past. it didn't hurt. i know people emailed me asking to pay to join at least once.

lol, i was one of those like 4 years ago when i bought the wattm volume 1 comp. thanks for getting back to me. :closedeyes:

anyway, maybe you could limit unpaid subscriptions even further. for example, as a limited/free member, you'd be able to post, but you wouldn't be able to have an avatar, or see pictures posted, etc. i think this place is worthy of a few bucks to be a part of, but i wouldn't have paid anything initially.

I will quote someone's post and type "lol" for a buck; "this" for a buck fifty.

I like your thinking Fred. I would like to offer my services over in Your Latest Creations.

I will

listen to your entire track for $0.50

post heartfelt constructive criticism for $0.25 - $1.00 depending on how overwhelmingly supportive you need me to be

make wisecracks in your song thread to drive more traffic your way for only $0.15

i will berate and discourage your peers thus making you seem fantastic by comparison for as little as $0.50

sample: "woah. that's was awful"

lol/this

(my lol/this combo is only $1.99)

*prints invoice*

stumbling upon watmm was like a dream come true (nightmare in retrospect) but I wouldn't have paid initially.

potential new members would have to be able to see everything that they could be a part of to even consider paying to get access to what they were missing.

so I put $10 to keep out the riffraff

How about a free intro period? That way we can get them hooked before they have to pay anything. It's like any good coke dealer says: "The first taste is free"

Guest Lube Saibot

How about a free intro period? That way we can get them hooked before they have to pay anything. It's like any good coke dealer says: "The first taste is free"

This actually seems sensible. If they get put off by "read the rules" they can just let their temporary free subscription expire, no harm no foul. If they like it here, then they're more likely to shell out 10$ or so as they have something to ascribe worth to.

Nobody can put a price on watmm except in retrospect.

Guest tysen

You could implement shareware-esque reminders after a certain period (or perhaps immediately). Wikipedia does it (only on occasion, I admit). Just put a big banner on the top of every page that says WATMM NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT or every time a user logs in they're asked, "Is today the day you will be donating?" and the radio button for no is replaced with :facepalm: .

Guest Glass Plate

If like other forums like SA etc. By buying your accounts, people who have previously banned should have the right to buy a new one. (profit for website, and makes the user take their account more seriously), and it should also make it ok for people to make Dupes if they really want to. If these where applied I would most. definitely be fore paid accounts. You should also maybe give discounts to record label owners/artists who want to promote on our website but aren't regular members? I think because this site is a big part of the online IDM/electronic music community that could be fair?

Archived