IGNORED

Lets talk of religion and "the creation" as a fact!

plisb

i definitely agree with your points, but my religion is based almost entirely around the idea that there is no truth, all truths are equal, all things are meaningless, all things are meaningful, rendering the discussion kind of meaningless.

it's a good religion for me, it's not nihilism, i dunno.

seriously the stuff you wrote is cool. if i had to pick an organized religion to call my own it would be zen buddhism. KATZZ!! i like atheism but it just doesn't cover all the necessary areas for me. for me i need to have something to fall back on or else things seem very cold and, in the end, pointless to me.

thanx bois!

~vamos~

Guest Exodus

you really have to respect all religions. atheism is a religion, and a pretty fucking dim one at that (imo).

atheism is just as much a religion as christianity, now more than ever though. i'm being extreme but i'm trying to make a point

lets just put it this way, atheism is a religion IN THAT atheism has it's own set of beliefs surrounding a GOD. a single god. that god is science. atheists, while saying they have no god, actually do have a god it's just that we have to truly examine what the definition of god is to realize this.

y0Jza.jpg

also, i'd disagree that atheism's "god" is science. certainly there are atheists that place an inordinate amount of faith in science...

p.s. - fuck richard dawkins for confusing so many people about the definition of atheism. well, i guess the blame doesn't really lie with him. fuck every 15 year old who bought and read the blind watchmaker and completely missed the point and started freaking out about science.

y0Jza.jpg

forget it

ignore him, i thought you made some interesting points and want to know what you thought of mine.

YOyP0.png

Guest disparaissant

i definitely agree with your points, but my religion is based almost entirely around the idea that there is no truth, all truths are equal, all things are meaningless, all things are meaningful, rendering the discussion kind of meaningless.

it's a good religion for me, it's not nihilism, i dunno.

seriously the stuff you wrote is cool. if i had to pick an organized religion to call my own it would be zen buddhism. KATZZ!! i like atheism but it just doesn't cover all the necessary areas for me. for me i need to have something to fall back on or else things seem very cold and, in the end, pointless to me.

thanx bois!

~vamos~

lol yeah i guess that would make continued discussion kind of pointless. whatever works for you though, ey?

i dabbled in zen buddhism for a while but i find it even more depressing than most other options. i think it was bill maher who said that the "life sucks and then you die" part of it doesn't really apply as well as it did whenever the buddha thought it up, life has it's moments, you know? sometimes nonexistence (anatta i think was the term?) seems like a grand idea, other times i want to live forever.

i dunno. i'm just rambling now. whatever. good points all around.

^^ re: that, lolwut?

Guest disparaissant

no u wre not. that kind of stuff belongs in the ltm forum only.

youre not my mom

i like atheism but it just doesn't cover all the necessary areas for me. for me i need to have something to fall back on or else things seem very cold and, in the end, pointless to me.

Preferably I stay out of categorizing my view, though I guess one would call it atheistic (sweden 75% right?), and sure everyone - please believe what you want as long as it don't fuck up other people's lives. But what is this need of falling back on something? Are you're pointing towards problems like what's the purpose of life/Why are we here?

Either way, I look at it like this. We don't know how things (as in "teh gr8 everything") started, and don't know how it will end. What we do know, is what we can observe, test, reflect upon and derive more effective solutions for our lives from. Apart from that, what point is there to push it two or three steps further and "omfg how does conciousness work"/that shit can't be explained/miracles!!!/god plz make another one" - my point being we should just be happy with what we got and accept that.

also when I woke up and thought about this today, it's kinda funny how mesh gear fox's post struck me and Kent Hovind was put on ignore on the double.

Guest disparaissant

"you're" needing to read the rules!

I'm obviously kidding but please everyone accept my apology in the form of this animated gif anyways:

n20qag.gif

Either way, I look at it like this. We don't know how things (as in "teh gr8 everything") started, and don't know how it will end. What we do know, is what we can observe, test, reflect upon and derive more effective solutions for our lives from. Apart from that, what point is there to push it two or three steps further and "omfg how does conciousness work"/that shit can't be explained/miracles!!!/god plz make another one" - my point being we should just be happy with what we got and accept that.

very well put.

i just watched those videos which turned this rather avarage afternoon into a pretty shitty one, then i read the posts in this thread and they've made me even more upset, not the least when i see a fellow (supposedly secular) swede talk about how we "don't know how it all started or will end so we should just be happy with what we've got and accept that", what? arrgh.

i just watched those videos which turned this rather avarage afternoon into a pretty shitty one, then i read the posts in this thread and they've made me even more upset, not the least when i see a fellow (supposedly secular) swede talk about how we "don't know how it all started or will end so we should just be happy with what we've got and accept that", what? arrgh.

what what? All I'm saying with that is to be glad about a friendly high five, instead of creating a surreal blob around it thinking both me and my friend will die and the high five is pointless, all this is pointless - unless there's something else............

I looked at the thumbnail for the video and it said "Dinosaurs were large reptiles that live with Adam and Eve"

Which means I made a conscious decision not to watch the video cause I know it would piss me off.

Now I am happier person.

here's a little robot dude in a wheelchair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8fI8wdvteU

if this is supposed to answer me saying that we don't know anything the beginning of everything, then I think you're missing my point. We certainly don't know if the big bang is a part a potential pulsating universe with multiple dimensions and we can't say that it isn't. So until further notice, lets be happy with what we do know and have, and stop making religious anti-pwns on ourselves and others.

Fresh uploads that tho, so guess I'm stuck watching it on this avg. sunday yeah.

Archived