IGNORED

Those who Torrented "The Hurt Locker"

Boxing Day

Guest Glass Plate

When are people who make entertainment commodities realize that a majority of the people who pirate your shit simply would have never watched/listened to it if they couldn't get it for free, and the rest of the people are often the top consumers of media and should not be punished for consuming extra on the side (and technically no cost to the company.. you're not hosting this shit are you?).

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Z_B_Z
Although U.S. Copyright Group say it is their intent to sue individuals who do not pay, in reality that eventuality is impossible to maintain on any scale. Their aim will be to scare as many people as possible into paying, perhaps backed up with legal action against a tiny minority to prove a point.

As we reported earlier, the ‘pay up or else’ scheme is not only lucrative for the rights holders, who get only 30 percent of the settlement money. The remaining 70 percent goes to the U.S Copyright Group and its anti-piracy partners.

In the UK these schemes have been highly criticized by the public, consumer organizations and politicians because of the intimidating tactics and lack of solid evidence. In the UK House of Lords they have been labeled a scam, and the lawyers operating them accused of “harassment, bullying and intrusion” and “legal blackmail.” We expect that the U.S. equivalent will also meet great opposition.

it's a shit movie anyways. Not that i think Avatar should have won best picture but jesus christ hurt locker was generic in almost every respect, it's pretty sad that this is the most famous movie made about the Iraq War when we've had amazing classics like Deerhunter, Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket about Vietnam and we have to settle for the Hurt Locker which seems like it was made by CNN, sanitized piece of shit

terrible waste of a movie anyway, and again, just fear bullshit. fuck those faggots and their faggoty movie.

hey someone beat me to the punch, thanks!

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

when I watched the dvd screener of hurt locker it was like 7 months before it eventually came out in theaters, with little to no hype and the minor thrill of seeing something before millions of people will end up paying to watch it, I thought it was a damn good free movie. if I watched it after it one best picture I might have thought differently but I thought it was killer

Guest Z_B_Z

who cares if it was good or not. i thought lawsuits like this were a thing of the past. the riaa got such terrible publicity for this sort of thing and here these people are attempting legal action on an unprecedented scale. wtf

at least we can agree that black hawk down is worse than the hurt locker.

for me i think the hurt locker is the closest we've gotten to something like the apocalypse now of the iraq war, and that's why i like it

it gets the vibe down really well. character development and camera work aren't anything special, nor is there much style to the directing, but i still was on a thrill ride when i watched it, and that's a shit ton more than i can say for 99% of movies these days. it maintained the edge of the brain mood the whole way through, for me at least. not only that but it did seem gritty, bleak and surreal instead of being a glorification.

glorification of war is the lowest form of art

for the record i hate on crash but i will say it was a pretty entertaining movie

Probably just Americans theyre going to sue, usually is.

Turn off your WEP key so your wireless has no password. Then it could have been anyone that pirated it on you IP.

Probably bullshit anyway, they'll say they're doing it to scare people and make people buy legitimate dvd's. If you own the DVD then you have the right to have the file regardless of how you got it.

EDIT: After reading that article and the one about Far Cry. It would seem their methods are fairly shit. They download the torrent itself and check to see who's still hosting the shit. Then it says somehow they get server logs of people who were hosting it. Unless they put a torrent up themselves how can they do that?

Guest Sprigg

I've heard that they've gone so far as to create fake .torrent files before to catch p2p users... is that true?

Just bullshit scare tactics. Imagine the logistics of setting up lawsuits for tens of thousands of people. Is that really cost effective? How much do they think they can get from all of these downloaders? Do they think people just have money sitting around in bank accounts that they don't spend on DVDs? So do they put people on a lawsuit payment plan and force lots of their fans to go bankrupt? Is that helping anything?

I dunno but I feel suspicious that AT&T is throttling me. Anytime I open Bit Torrent and get even a small (<1 GB) torrent going with no one uploading from me, my router will give me the flashing "orange" telling me that the connection was interrupted. It will be down for 5-10 seconds and then reconnect. Within 1-2 minutes, it will do it again and the cycle goes on. If Bit Torrent is not open and no torrent activity is happening, the router will literally never do this and I should know because I don't really torrent all that much and I do it infrequently. I can Sendspace and Megaupload like a motherfucker while also grabbing massive podcasts and other large non-torrent content simultaneously and it never happens. So, I feel the cock of the corporate complex inserting itself in my ass methinks.

http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Bad_ISPs

how will they get the ones that have no fixed IP???

this

and still, please explain how the (non-swedish) law does work here, if they're thinking of suing ppl via IPs. Obvious fails on how to verify the dl + person. Also still feeling this is a shite movie.

Archived