23 members have voted

1. 1. waht?

• 2 for 1 PIZZA EXPRESS
    • 2 for 1 PIZZA HUT
    • 2 BURGERS + FRIES AT GBK FOR £11
    • COOK GREEK CUISINE + WINE
    • COOK ITALIAN CUISINE + WINE

Guest idrn

the scene; i officially finished all formal requirements of my degree last night. my girlfriend also finished on tuesday. unfortunately i didnt have any money that night and she bought all my drinks and i dribbled lettuce into her friends hand and fell over in the road. i promised id do something special tonight so am currently staving off my hangover and attempting to formulate a plan of action.

her favourite cuisine is greek and italian. i've lived with italians for 3 years so am pretty good at making elaborate pasta and being a flamboyant nob, but would like to do something maybe a bit different and i don't have much access to good fresh produce. greek seems really good and quite eclectic too but i have had very little experience with it. i gather it's all about eggplant, lamb and institutional corruption (boom boom).

another option is that i print out some vouchers and take her to a fine establishment like pizza express, maybe finger her in the disabled toilets to really make it special. this is increasingly a tempting option as it'd be nice to get out of the house and not have to cook, yet obviously i think i'd be selling myself short and operating under the shackles of studenthood (ie. vouchers).

either way, i'm very open to ideas. i know there's a lot of really good cooks and food connoisseurs here, so please splooge your sexy recipe juice into my thread.

Guest Gary C

Congrats.

I voted that you cook Italian food as it's easily the tastiest option, but it might be an idea to get out of your house to celebrate. It's hard to decide between Express and Hut. Express would look a little classier, but Hut is a better pizza in my opinion.

No help here then.

Guest idrn

thanks gary, hope to see you out and about sometime soon.

don't think pizza hut is gonna happen. especially as they have that infernal ice cream factory contraption which she'll insist on having and just embarrass herself.

i remember now she likes tapas so perhaps i could have the best of both worlds; italian/greek/spanish nibbles and wine at mine followed by a pizza express. hmm.

cook italian, some nice oven bake bread and copious amounts of red wine. spaghetti or linguini dishes are sexy cos you can watch her sucking great wads of pasta and drooling sauce down her chin.

i'm not a fan of greek food. lamb mince = repugnant.

or pizza express from the going out options.

Guest Babar

I recently invented a recipe : Poulet à la pistache (chicken with pistachios, might already exist though).

you'll need:

-pistachios

-salt

-green pepper

-clove

-olive oil

-penis

-2 shallots

-some chicken-meat

-fresh cream

-white wine

Take a handful of pistachios, crush them inside a bowl, add salt, green pepper(crushed), one clove and some thym. Pour olive oil inside the boil. Put aside.

Chop the shallot, put them in a pot, and drown them in white wine.

Chop your chicken-meat, and cook it. Add several times during baking so that it can caramelize.

back to the sauce : now the wine should have evaporated. Add the pistachio sauce. You can add a few uncrushed pistachios at this point.

When the chicken is done, cool it with fresh cream then pour the pistachio sauce.

I recommend you to cook rice or potatoes to accompany this dish.

Guest futuregirlfriend

Best takeaway pizza I've had has been from Perfect Pizza, plus they have a load of deals and you can order via the internet.

- Pizza connoisseur

You could try making a pastitsio which is a greek pasta dish. Think of a cross between lasagne and moussaka. This is a pretty good version, but there's several other, and probably easier, ways of doing it.

Guest disparaissant

how can you overplay tasty food?

for a romantic night, greek is unexpected, you know? maybe it's just me, but something not italian when someone is trying to make up for puking on my friend is a bit more impressive is all.

or whatever the hell he meant by "dribbled lettuce."

Guest idrn

i tried to eat a lettuce but i couldnt swallow it so i dribbled the mush into her friends hand. it was ok, no offense was had and she's not pissed at me. i just said i would do something nice this friday because we havnt yet cause im skint.

Guest idrn

does that involve poo?

by the way, dispressientent, are you doting by my bedside whilst im in a coma?

Guest disparaissant

does that involve poo?

by the way, dispressientent, are you doting by my bedside whilst im in a coma?

yes. why?

Guest idrn

i was just wondering if your use of the 3rd person was a consequence of the coma, or bad manners.

tapas-type entree followed by pizza express it is now. thinking greek salad... plate of parma ham... pineapple and cheese sticks... dairylee dunkers?

Guest disparaissant

i was just wondering if your use of the 3rd person was a consequence of the coma, or bad manners.

tapas-type entree followed by pizza express it is now. thinking greek salad... plate of parma ham... pineapple and cheese sticks... dairylee dunkers?

definitely bad manners.

Stuffed grape leaves are actually easy to make. You just need them, some filling (a grain -- couscous, rice, quinoa + some kind of dried fruit + meat or something else -- feta, pine nuts) and some chicken stock to roast them with & keep em moist.

Archived